Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 08:56 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Attacking the man in his own thread when he has no voice to defend himself??

Let's have a little fun here and not take things so personally. Getting offended by someone having a different opinion on cars is pretty petty. Are we that thin skinned?? Sometimes we should be able to laugh at stuff without getting worked up.
If that's all it was but there was plenty more. A year ago he tooks pics from my album (now empty) and made a mocking video of my car and home. He kept using it and has been on my ban list ever since.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:14 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR
If that's all it was but there was plenty more. A year ago he tooks pics from my album (now empty) and made a mocking video of my car and home. He kept using it and has been on my ban list ever since.
Yes, sometimes things go a bit too far in your case. The back and forth about what's best gets old quick. Everyone is a big boy here with many even pushing or in retirement. Let's act like it

R_Rated will most likely be back soon and can speak for himself. I've seen him posting on 6Speed a bit. I rarely visit there. Has become a ghost town.

Last edited by STG; 04-09-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:56 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR

That was your car he used, not his own? That was pretty ballsy.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:48 AM
midwesterner
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
New to me set of Forgestar F14's in gunmetal. Thanks to fellow RL'er 2001f4s for such an easy transaction and deal. Entire setup (wheels, TPMS, and tires w/remaining tread) work well with my '14 Carrera S in Agate Gray and achieves the perfect blend color wise I was seeking! Now to source a set of Michelin PS4's once the P Zero tread is fully done on these. Now for Spring to arrive...its getting restless here in the Midwest with all this snow!

Beautiful. The color combo really sets off the car
Old 04-09-2018, 10:31 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by midwesterner
Beautiful. The color combo really sets off the car
Thanks Midwesterner; I think so also...almost as if it came off the factory line from Porsche with the car to the naked eye.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:50 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
He's crossed over to the other side

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d-991-2-a.html
Hilarious​​​​​!

The perfect vanity plate for his .2, "ISUCK"
Old 04-10-2018, 12:40 PM
achtung6
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

mdrobc1213

The car looks great!

Last edited by achtung6; 04-10-2018 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:07 PM
achtung6
Racer

Originally Posted by DBH

Belated install. The Zunsport grills were a Christmas present. Due to cold weather I didn't get around to installing them until this past weekend. With mid-forties temps Monday I took the GTS out to do some chores and snapped a couple pictures. I was amazed at how easy the install went - 10 to 15 minutes total! They appear to be a quality product - highly recommended.
These look great! And by the looks of it, no bumper removal is necessary? I like how they protect the movable louvers in the process. Did you buy them direct from the UK vendor or someone in the US? And if you don't mind; how much are they?

I'd love to put some of these on my car! I can't believe how much crap gets in there. I've had the car less than a month and there's a ton of leaves and other crud in there.

Thanks!

Tony
Old 04-10-2018, 01:49 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by achtung6
These look great! And by the looks of it, no bumper removal is necessary? I like how they protect the movable louvers in the process. Did you buy them direct from the UK vendor or someone in the US? And if you don't mind; how much are they?

I'd love to put some of these on my car! I can't believe how much crap gets in there. I've had the car less than a month and there's a ton of leaves and other crud in there.

Thanks!

Tony
Hi Tony,

Zunsport is a great company to work with. The grills were shipped from the UK and arrived in two days. Bumpers were not removed for installation which took all of ~ twenty minutes. The grills are of good quality and I'm very satisfied with the look. Check the Zunsport site for information on pricing and a short video on installation. Be sure you're on the "US ENGLISH - US DOLLAR" page. FYI, my car is a 911.2 GTS. As such, there are NO movable louvers. Not sure if it makes a difference or not.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:27 PM
achtung6
Racer

Originally Posted by DBH
Hi Tony,

Zunsport is a great company to work with. The grills were shipped from the UK and arrived in two days. Bumpers were not removed for installation which took all of ~ twenty minutes. The grills are of good quality and I'm very satisfied with the look. Check the Zunsport site for information on pricing and a short video on installation. Be sure you're on the "US ENGLISH - US DOLLAR" page. FYI, my car is a 911.2 GTS. As such, there are NO movable louvers. Not sure if it makes a difference or not.
Ah! I was hoping for a solution that did not require bumper removal....but since the bumper will need to be removed I may as well install the AL Priority Shifter system at the same time.....and while I'm there it would be so much easier to fit flat black colored headlight washer covers.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:16 PM
rff15e
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Function First **** with the GT4 Shifter - it took about 45 minutes total to pull out the old one and install this one. Feels great - although the difference is not as pronounced as I thought it would be.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:21 PM
achtung6
Racer

Originally Posted by feh
Mind sharing the exact paint brand? Looks awesome.
Is it pretty straightforward to remove the OEM exhaust tips? Did you paint over the chrome or did you do something to prime/texture the chrome surface prior to applying the black paint?
Old 04-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Default New Michelin N0 Rated Tires & Alignment

Hunter System

Michelin N0 Rating & Alignment.
New Michelin Tires and sensors installed plus alignment.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:00 PM
feh
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by achtung6
Is it pretty straightforward to remove the OEM exhaust tips? Did you paint over the chrome or did you do something to prime/texture the chrome surface prior to applying the black paint?
I believe the chrome/stock tips have a bolt that secures them to the muffler (from the underside of the tips). That paint posted by the guy that did it seems to have built in primer and heat resistant, so it goes on simply by spraying multiple coats.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:24 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by jingber

Pep Boys
Black Tips look nice.
What type of prep was done to chrome tips?
Can says good for temps up to 500 F. Does anyone know the exhaust temperature at the tips?

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread