Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 12:42 PM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts

I was considering the Matt-black stone guard for my car and emailed Dan at Magnagrafik. He emailed me a few samples including the Carbon Fiber style.
Carbon Fiber Stone Guard

Old 02-23-2018, 12:53 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Since you asked for opinions on the black stone guard a second time: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If it looks good to you then that's a win.

To me, I can't get past seeing a tacked-on disruption in the otherwise clean look back there.

The one with the red letters you show in the photo back there isn't lining up with the line of the fender correctly, although it appears to be aligned at the bottom. With the high contrast against the silver such little details would drive me nuts.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:55 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
Since you asked for opinions on the black stone guard a second time: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If it looks good to you then that's a win.

To me, I can't get past seeing a tacked-on disruption in the otherwise clean look back there.

The one with the red letters you show in the photo back there isn't lining up with the line of the fender correctly, although it appears to be aligned at the bottom. With the high contrast against the silver such little details would drive me nuts.
FWIW that picture is photoshopped.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:03 PM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

basically everything that FicTech sells from detailer's domain. psyched for warmer weather
Old 02-23-2018, 01:27 PM
dsh
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

A case of wine to make my frunk feel needed.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:36 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune

Thank you for your reply. The one with red letters wasn't posted by me, it's just another offering from the same company. As well as the carbon one in another post.
You have the point though, as the distortion of a clean look is something which makes me uncertain about the looks. I usually make my own decisions easily (ha, some even say too easily ), but with these black guards I am uncertain. Sometimes like them and sometimes not.
Good news is they are magnetic, easily removable and they stick well, so no worries about losing them driving.
Bad news, if you really picky, you can see that the edge alignment is not perfect. I will contact the company to see what they have to say. They advertised them as perfectly cut to specific model/trim. They are cut ok, but not "perfectly".
Anyway, thx for your input.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:41 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

"Good news is they are magnetic, easily removable and they stick well, so no worries about losing them driving."
Well said, I just ordered a set for my car. I'll give it a try for that price and it being easily removed makes it a no brainer. Like it use it, if you don't, remove it.
I just hope that Porsche red color will match the red calipers
Old 02-24-2018, 10:07 PM
Schmevin
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing Brake Big Rotor Jit

well i pulled the trigger on the racing brake Big Rotor kit!

Link to kit

full review in the works! ill be sure to link it here for those interested
Old 02-26-2018, 03:58 PM
R_Rated
Banned

FVD headers.
FVD tune
IPD plenum
BMC filters
Eibach springs

review coming!
Old 02-26-2018, 09:10 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
FVD headers.
FVD tune
IPD plenum
BMC filters
Eibach springs

review coming!
pics of eibach springs? Not a lot of reviews or pic with eibach springs. Most go with techart or H&R, but I was considering eibachs.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:13 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by awrryan

pics of eibach springs? Not a lot of reviews or pic with eibach springs. Most go with techart or H&R, but I was considering eibachs.
Not installed yet - Techart are rebranded Eibachs with a 400$ paint job/markup. Eibach are the most conservative - which is good if you're using factory shocks. H&R has too much rake for my liking. Have had Eibach on many other cars and loved them. Will post pics and reviews once installed.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:31 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 482 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmevin
well i pulled the trigger on the racing brake Big Rotor kit!

Link to kit

full review in the works! ill be sure to link it here for those interested
That is a big *** set of spacers they give you with that kit, not sure I'd want to hang the calipers that far off the OEM wheel carriers (especially in the rear). I look forward to your report and what issues you might have (if any) dealing with the brakelines. I've been thinking about the Girodisc rotor package when my OEM rotors are gone (soon) so I can run GT3 pads. They are a lot more conservative at 350mm F&R I believe.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:45 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Not installed yet - Techart are rebranded Eibachs with a 400$ paint job/markup. Eibach are the most conservative - which is good if you're using factory shocks. H&R has too much rake for my liking. Have had Eibach on many other cars and loved them. Will post pics and reviews once installed.
great. Looking forward to it. Thank you. Was set on eibachs because I agree with what you said above, but decided to go with coilovers since I track my car. Haven’t done it yet, but, by the time I’m ready, I may be ready for a (different) dedicated track car.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:54 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Wow "R". You've been busy making some substantial upgrades there. I'll be looking forward to your reviews.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:39 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell me about the expenses and hassle adding the power kit. I’m thinking of doing the same upgrade. Thanks. Looks great BTW!!

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread