Sponsored by:

Front suspension clunk

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Justin N
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Front suspension clunk

For awhile now the front suspension on my '13 C2 has made an anoying clunk sound. It generally happens on steep driveways when turning either direction and every single time when coming in and out of my own driveway. I know a few other people have reported similar issues, but diagnosing these things is always an nightmare. Note this isn't the issue of tires making a popping sound, that's a completely different sound. I tried to reproduce for the dealer- but as you know these problems never seem to show when you have the Porsche tech in the car!

So when I went to being my car in for a service appointment I figured I would mention the issue one more time. Well, finally there is a service campaign to address this sound- #409055. Essentially they replace both front struts and as a bonus they did a 4 wheel alignment.
Sound is gone, and maybe it's just the alignment but everything on the front ended seems a bit more solid overall. I thought I would pass this info along to anyone trying to chase down this issue, seems that now it is a fairly easy fix.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin N
For awhile now the front suspension on my '13 C2 has made an anoying clunk sound. It generally happens on steep driveways when turning either direction and every single time when coming in and out of my own driveway. I know a few other people have reported similar issues, but diagnosing these things is always an nightmare. Note this isn't the issue of tires making a popping sound, that's a completely different sound. I tried to reproduce for the dealer- but as you know these problems never seem to show when you have the Porsche tech in the car!

So when I went to being my car in for a service appointment I figured I would mention the issue one more time. Well, finally there is a service campaign to address this sound- #409055. Essentially they replace both front struts and as a bonus they did a 4 wheel alignment.
Sound is gone, and maybe it's just the alignment but everything on the front ended seems a bit more solid overall. I thought I would pass this info along to anyone trying to chase down this issue, seems that now it is a fairly easy fix.
SWEEET!

Quick Reply: Front suspension clunk