Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 Infant Travel System?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 11:30 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 668 Posts

FWIW when we wanted to safely transport our baby daughter in our 944 (ages ago) I ended up engineering a mounting for a car seat on the rear hump between the seats. If I remember correctly, I removed both seat belt receivers and replaced them with racing belt mounting eyes, and used a racing lap belt to mount the car seat base. I also built inserts to fill the seat bottoms so the car seat base was stable.

We liked this solution since we (especially my wife riding shotgun) could reach between the front seats to deal with baby issues.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:08 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great seat. Great deal. I rocked one of these through Europe and it’s inctrdible. GLWS!
Old 02-05-2018, 02:37 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
FWIW when we wanted to safely transport our baby daughter in our 944 (ages ago) I ended up engineering a mounting for a car seat on the rear hump between the seats. If I remember correctly, I removed both seat belt receivers and replaced them with racing belt mounting eyes, and used a racing lap belt to mount the car seat base. I also built inserts to fill the seat bottoms so the car seat base was stable.

We liked this solution since we (especially my wife riding shotgun) could reach between the front seats to deal with baby issues.
I'm pretty sure this is what my dad did with me in the late 70s in his 911 T. I know it's what they did with my younger brother (4 years my junior) - because I remember being super annoyed that the baby was crowding my space in the back of Dad's "racecar".

sean

Quick Reply: 991 Infant Travel System?