Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT(Ag) GTS Paint Protection and Opti Pro Plus (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 07:03 PM
PatrickC23
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT(Ag) GTS Paint Protection and Opti Pro Plus (Pics)

After a month of apprehensive driving and avoiding major highways I was finally able to get in for my paint protection and Opti applications. I have been going to Lee Berrebi now for close to nine years, starting out with just tints on my Range Rover Sport and C63. Each time I would go I would always chat with Lee while he did my tints about getting a clear bra someday. He would always recommend, but never push me to get clear bra since I am extremely OCD about my cars. I finally did some research and gave in with my F10 M5 and got paint protection coverage in XPel Ultimate. Before I arrived for that application I had done some research on additional paint protection clear coats and was told by Lee that he had partnered with a detailer named Greg Gellas that runs Signature Detailing and offered Opti and Finest through him in the same shop. Since that day, I will never own a car without an additional clear coating and paint protection. When I traded my M5 in my Porsche dealer even said to me that the condition of my car with the Opti and XPel was so pristine that they really couldn't even attempt to lowball me on trade-in. I did not have a single chip on the entire car. I can remember when I used to wash my black C63 the entire front end was littered with rock chips and the headlights were pitted, that was the last straw for me I guess, it's a small investment.

Lee also did paint protection and tints on my wife's ****** Wrangler and Greg Opti'd it (I know, I know - Opti and bra on a Jeep seems like overkill, but like I said I have auto OCD).

The 991.1 GTS was the first car I picked up during the winter so it was going to be quite a challenge scheduling Lee and Greg based on my delivery, not getting a rock chip on it before I got there, and maneuvering around bad weather since it is about 50 minutes away from me. I contemplated having the dealer doing it as they offered the service and I also called around to well known shops closer to my area. In the end I just didn't feel comfortable with it, it's like going to a new barber or doctor when you already have a great one, why chance it?

As usual, Lee and Greg were unbelievably accommodating in getting me in when I wanted to get in with amazing turnaround time. I'm pretty confident other guys on this forum know Lee and Greg as well and will second my opinion. I don't usually like to attach my name to anything, but I would fully vouch for Lee and Greg and their workmanship.

I don't know rules around posting business info, so all I will say is Lee and Greg work out of Hillsborough, NJ and Lee has expanded down into Florida as he splits time between the two states. Its LeeBerbs Paint Protection and Signature Detailing (Greg also contributes to Detailed Image's Ask A Pro Detailer blog). This is the best thank you I can give them.

991.1 GTS XPel application

Full Hood
Front bumper with Lip Spoiler
Full Front Fenders
Headlights
LED Strips
Sport Design Mirrors
Back portion of Rear wheel through rear bumper (shout out to mmaturo and SidVicious for pointing out this area)

Detailing

Wash
Paint Correction/Polish
Opti Pro Plus

Greg said my paint was in good condition, I had asked the dealer not to wax or detail the car, just a simple wash.

Last edited by PatrickC23; 05-07-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:51 PM
Rezus
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks awesome
Old 01-19-2016, 02:56 AM
drsubie
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

man, that's an awesome job!
Old 01-19-2016, 03:05 AM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Gorgeous car and color, though I'm biased.

You'll love the coating. I had mine coated with CQuartz and washes are insanely easy. Nothing stays on the car; even the most difficult stains or spots come off with a single wipe of a towel or sponge. The hydrophobic qualities of a coating are also amazing; water beads and slips right off of the car.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:20 AM
satoru
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome!!! Can't wait for my appointment to get coated. First available for my installer was 23 Feb.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:30 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 585 Likes on 274 Posts

GT Silver....best Porsche color!
Old 01-19-2016, 07:45 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Thank you for sharing the thinking / experience behind your choice. Great color and awesome car for sure! Welcome to the GT Silver club!!!
Old 01-19-2016, 08:24 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Car looks great! I'm going to request OptiCoat Pro Plus next time. I had my car OptiCoated in early 2014 and again late 2015 (after about 24,000 miles). I like the product performance a lot.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:13 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Beautiful!!
Old 01-19-2016, 10:09 AM
PatrickC23
Racer

Originally Posted by Cristophosphorus
Gorgeous car and color, though I'm biased.

You'll love the coating. I had mine coated with CQuartz and washes are insanely easy. Nothing stays on the car; even the most difficult stains or spots come off with a single wipe of a towel or sponge. The hydrophobic qualities of a coating are also amazing; water beads and slips right off of the car.
How did you decide on CQuartz? I have heard good things, but had Opti Pro on my last car and decided to stick with them, but in Pro+
Old 01-19-2016, 10:13 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by PatrickC23
but had Opti Pro on my last car and decided to stick with them, but in Pro+
Are you noticing any differences/nuances between the Pro and Pro Plus? Gloss/shine? Slickness (I think this is where the main difference is)? Thanks.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:42 AM
PatrickC23
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
Are you noticing any differences/nuances between the Pro and Pro Plus? Gloss/shine? Slickness (I think this is where the main difference is)? Thanks.
Just picked it up yesterday, so tough to say. I didn't really touch it at all but I can tell you in that lighting my initial reaction was how shiny it was. I cannot remember having the exact same reaction when I did Opti on my M5, but then again it was Alpine White (non metallic) and never showed that type of luster anyways. No regrets paying the premium just based on the eye test though. Once I do my first wash I'll report back.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:46 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by PatrickC23
No regrets paying the premium just based on the eye test though. Once I do my first wash I'll report back.
About how much more over the Pro? I'm guessing about $100-200 (product costs only......prep and labor should remain the same).

Thanks, report back.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:03 AM
PatrickC23
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
About how much more over the Pro? I'm guessing about $100-200 (product costs only......prep and labor should remain the same).

Thanks, report back.
Shot you a PM
Old 01-19-2016, 11:17 AM
PatrickC23
Racer

Originally Posted by satoru
Awesome!!! Can't wait for my appointment to get coated. First available for my installer was 23 Feb.
The wait was killer for me, so paranoid about getting a rock chip before getting it in. I see you are in Hawaii, at least you dont need to worry about road salt and sand. Beach sand and salt are a different story.

Quick Reply: GT(Ag) GTS Paint Protection and Opti Pro Plus (Pics)