Sponsored by:

Adding Seat Cooling/Vent

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 04:50 AM
satoru
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Adding Seat Cooling/Vent

Was wondering about adding seat cooling or would it be not too doable. Like if harness was wired, add switch and fans or would a seat change be the only option. Might sound like a silly question but had it on my Macan S and kinda miss it. Present car was purchased without ordering so I did not have the option.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:34 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by satoru
Was wondering about adding seat cooling or would it be not too doable. Like if harness was wired, add switch and fans or would a seat change be the only option. Might sound like a silly question but had it on my Macan S and kinda miss it. Present car was purchased without ordering so I did not have the option.
I believe you will have to replace the entire seat. While the framing is the same, from the leather surface, inner venting bits down to wiring harness you will have a bunch of parts and controllers to add or replace. Oh and you'll need to replace your center console buttons assembly as well ( to add the buttons to control the seats). Is it possible? Sure. Let me know if you'd like some illustrations of what's different.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:34 AM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

The perforations (small holes) in the leather seats is the biggy so you would have to get new seats IMHO! They are nice, esp in dark interiors and a must for cabs! It was a deal breaker for me. Adding heat to seats is a lot easier/cheaper. Good luck.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:18 AM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i believe there was a set of seats in classified and on ebay from LA Recyclers. cant live without heated seats in pnw with cab
Old 01-15-2016, 01:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by satoru
you will need to look closely at PET or the factory workshop manuals to ensure that the wiring harness to the seats is common across variants ... if the "final mile" harness to the seat is common you are good to go, new seats and a couple of buttons ... voila
Old 01-15-2016, 01:38 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
you will need to look closely at PET or the factory workshop manuals to ensure that the wiring harness to the seats is common across variants ... if the "final mile" harness to the seat is common you are good to go, new seats and a couple of buttons ... voila
And, a bunch of $$$$$$$
Old 01-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
And, a bunch of $$$$$$$
YEAH!
Old 01-15-2016, 03:06 PM
satoru
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup, thanks. Was expecting the seat change. Thought fan install/switch option would have been cool, and I do have perf leather. Livin in a warmer climate, heating not too much of a big deal.

Thanks plenum, cool you got me curious...pm comin

Quick Reply: Adding Seat Cooling/Vent