Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche USA vs. Porsche Germany?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 07:18 AM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Porsche USA vs. Porsche Germany?

This past weekend (Jan9) after a couple of hours negotiating and discussion I placed an order for a 2016 911 C4GTS. This past Wed I was informed by the dealership that Porsche stopped taking orders for 2016 GTS' despite them still posted on the website. Additionally I was informed by the dealership that it is not unusual for Porsche Germany to not inform Porsche USA and other regional affiliates of changes.

I wanted to ask if the members found Porsche USA and its dealer network supportive. I would like to purchase a 2017 C4GTS, but now just wonder if the support is there.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:32 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

I think a lot of us will tell you that this is a dealer issue. R-listers know that the order books for North American MY16 991.1s closed a couple of months ago. The last ones are coming off the manufacturing lines now and the switch over to MY17 991.2s is imminent. And in case you hear otherwise, there is no 991.2 GTS as yet, and likely won't be for at least a year.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:47 AM
ynot3d
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealers can order based on the allocation Porsche gives them and the production schedule. They do not make all the vehicles all the time and dealers may be restricted on what they can order.

You may need to have some flexibility in the dealership or your preferred time frame.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:02 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,235 Likes on 747 Posts

Not that surprising as many dealerships are clueless. Easy to say that R-listers know more about Porsches and what is going on with the car than the dealerships. Maybe your dealership does not read e-mails from the mother ship.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:05 AM
PatrickC23
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another case of a dealer being dumb, or playing dumb to get you in the showroom. Neither are acceptable. It's been well known for nearly two months now that GTS allocations were gone, if the dealer didn't know, which I find unlikely, they should have known and not wasted your time. There will not be a 2017 GTS to anyone's knowledge so your best bet is looking for one on a lot somewhere. There is a new post about two just arriving at a dealership in NE, call them and see. If my dealership wasted my time like that I for one would not buy from them.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:54 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by AKawasaki
This past weekend (Jan9) after a couple of hours negotiating and discussion I placed an order for a 2016 911 C4GTS. This past Wed I was informed by the dealership that Porsche stopped taking orders for 2016 GTS' despite them still posted on the website. Additionally I was informed by the dealership that it is not unusual for Porsche Germany to not inform Porsche USA and other regional affiliates of changes.

I wanted to ask if the members found Porsche USA and its dealer network supportive. I would like to purchase a 2017 C4GTS, but now just wonder if the support is there.
What dealer?

You probably were dealing with a clueless salesperson? Many of them work in other parts of the multi brand dealerships or simply don't have a clue.

Better to check the RL boards as stated. Old news ...

The problem is your dealer, not Porsche corporate.

Good news, there are new GTS's on dealer lots still for sale ready to drive home tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:59 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
What dealer?

You probably were dealing with a clueless salesperson? Many of them work in other parts of the multi brand dealerships or simply don't have a clue.

Good news, there are new GTS's on dealer lots still for sale ready to drive home tomorrow.
+1
Old 01-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

As mentioned sounds like you need a new dealer. Either your salesperson was completely clueless (likely) as to the GTS being available for order or they were purposely misleading you to try and generate a sale (possible).

Also there is no GTS for MY2017 either... but as STG mentioned you can certainly try to track down a new GTS on a dealer's lot somewhere.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
What dealer?

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1
Thirded. Even if the dealership didn't know, all a salesman would have to do is call PCNA or Stuttgart for a confirm - that's not asking a lot for a $100K+ purchase. I ordered PTS and while I sat in my salesman's office he called Stuttgart to confirm that they'd accept the color (it was a '96 stock color so he got approval within 5 minutes).
Old 01-14-2016, 12:27 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 432 Posts

If I was that sales person I would be burning up my contacts trying to find all the available GTS models out there on dealer lots for you to choose from.

I'm surprised at this day and age sales folks don't know ordering scheduling.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:45 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,361 Posts

I dont even think they would be able to place an order into the internal systems at this point in time since no dealer has (had) any allocations for a car that is ending production (for a couple of months now)...

I'd get them to do an inventory search of NA dealers to determine if there is a car "on lot" that is a good match for the OP's spec, this they can do quite easily using PCNA internal inventory system in a matter of minutes
Old 01-14-2016, 01:02 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm surprised a dealer would even accept an order for a 991.1 this late in the game. Even my dog knows that ship sailed long ago. If they were trying to find a car close to your specs that'd make sense but it's of questionable ethics IMHO.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:05 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

The headline of this thread sounds like a very one-sided corporate soccer match.

Quick Reply: Porsche USA vs. Porsche Germany?