Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PIWIS TSI Walkthrough

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 10:46 AM
MK19
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes........very spotty site.......on again/off again.
Does anyone know if you can print or copy a section once you've paid your fee? Is it in .pdf form or do they have it locked up?
Old 12-26-2016, 12:09 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
damn that's a shame ...
Not terrible, you can list up your projects and buy 1 hour access and download what you need of $14 + VAT.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:11 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

I have an account and it is working. Here is the link I use

https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInf...?Type=GVOStart
Old 12-26-2016, 08:15 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MK19
Yes........very spotty site.......on again/off again.
Does anyone know if you can print or copy a section once you've paid your fee? Is it in .pdf form or do they have it locked up?
Yes. You pay for your time, and until the timer expires you have access to as many documents as you want. All are printable PDFs. I've compiled a collection of WM's and other documents that I've posted references to on my blog "Plenum". At least many of the most common documents. Check it out and DM me if there is something specific you are looking-for. You can search broadly by MY and configuration, or you can provide your exact VIN and all documents, etc. will be specific to your configuration.

And perhaps recently there was some maintenance, but as someone who's used the site for nearly 2 years I can't recall ever thinking to myself that there was instability or quality issues.... My $0.02 YMMV.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:42 AM
amet
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi,

happy new year all!!

I was wondering if anyone with an access to PIWIS could snap a few photos(screenshots) of the Steering -> speed dependent steering/Speed Sensitive Steering section.

I have been trying and requesting for months from my dealer to disable Power Steering Plus option on my 2012 991 C2S, have spoken to 3 different service advisers and as many technicians and all claim that this option cannot be removed. Unfortunately we only have one dealer in Dubai and no option to go elsewhere

I have heard many different stories, one Tech claimed that its built in the power steering module and that it would require replacement unit, other said that its a safety feature and Porsche would not allow them to disable it, third said that its possible that US/UK cars have this as option but in middle east (GCC cars) this option can not be removed.

any info on this would be appreciated, car is in at the dealer now for some other warranty work and would love to show them that it is indeed possible to do.

thanks!
amet

Last edited by amet; 01-02-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:29 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by amet
Hi,

happy new year all!!

I was wondering if anyone with an access to PIWIS could snap a few photos(screenshots) of the Steering -> speed dependent steering section.

I have been trying and requesting for months from my dealer to disable Power Steering Plus option on my 2012 991 C2S, have spoken to 3 different service advisers and as many technicians and all claim that this option cannot be removed. Unfortunately we only have one dealer in Dubai and no option to go elsewhere

I have heard many different stories, one Tech claimed that its built in the power steering module and that it would require replacement unit, other said that its a safety feature and Porsche would not allow them to disable it, third said that its possible that US/UK cars have this as option but in middle east (GCC cars) this option can not be removed.

any info on this would be appreciated, car is in at the dealer now for some other warranty work and would love to show them that it is indeed possible to do.

thanks!
amet
DM me your VIN...

Could be that in your geography PSP is not "removable" but doesn't jive with our fundamental understanding of PSP as an option. Simply a software edit using the PIWIS tool to activate / deactivate based on a code from the factory. I don't recall there being any mechanical or control unit changes required.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Maxhouse97
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Plenum - I just posted in the 997 section ... I am trying to set up an account on the PIWIS TSI site and I can't get the boxes where you enter your basic info to load. All I get is a blank screen. I've tried 5 computer/iphone/ipad, 3 browsers, two IP addresses and nothing. Any thoughts?
Old 03-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Maxhouse97
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Got it, see below, definitely a buggy site...

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post14003533
Old 03-04-2017, 01:36 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maxhouse97
Got it, see below, definitely a buggy site...

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post14003533
You know, I get it that some have issues.... but my own experience hasn't been so "buggy". I've been using the site for couple of years at least and I don't think I've ever had the problems others are talking about -- yes, printing sometimes is not perfect between IE and Chrome, but you shouldn't be having such troubles getting page loads.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:03 PM
yoyochao
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello plenum

I can t send you pm ... But i need some information about bcm wiring ...

​​​​​it s for a 991 carrera .... Have you this information ?

Quick Reply: PIWIS TSI Walkthrough