Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

De-badging - bad idea on 2 year old car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 09:28 PM
bright_medal
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I took the time to de-badge and re-badge my 911S today with black. All in all, it was a fairly simple effort that required quite a bit of patience. I think it took me about 3 hours or so. I decided not to use a hairdryer, but rather to just use dental floss, my fingers, and a little bottle of "Goo Gone" in order to get the last bits of adhesive off the car.

My car is a recently purchased CPO 2012.5 car that was owned in CA. There was a fair amount of residue left over on the "911 Carrera S" area that wouldn't come off even with a some hand polishing. I took the car to get a car wash though, and the guys there buff'd it out in 5 minutes. There's still a ever so faint outline of where the letters used to be, but it would take very careful inspection in order to see it.

I'm really happy with how it turned out, and really like the cleaner blacked out look. Here is a before and after photo. Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread, it gave me the know-how to take on this DIY project!

Here's before (stock) photo when I picked up the car from the dealership just a few weeks ago.

Much better. Cleaner looking, and more aggressive (IMO). I also replaced my license plate frame with a matching Satin black Porsche unit.

Last edited by bright_medal; 06-12-2016 at 09:31 PM. Reason: typos and grammar
Old 09-08-2016, 03:27 PM
1949ford
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmmm, now I have to decide what I want to do. I guess I will start by first removing ALL badging. Im going to paint it all gloss black while it is off. I agree the 991 turbo badging is cluttered on my car. Im leaning towards picking one of 3 options
1) completely debadged
2)just the porsche script in gloss black
3)just the turbo script in gloss black
Old 09-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,192 Likes on 574 Posts

Here is an alternative to the standard badging. I used a decal - a la the 991 GT3 RS. I have included before, after and the RS badging. I first modified it to "GTS" in standard lettering but it did not look right to me. I am very happy with the way it turned out and it compliments the side decals well, I think.
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: De-badging - bad idea on 2 year old car?