Old 01-06-2016 | 06:33 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Enjoy your awesome new ride!
Old 01-06-2016 | 09:36 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Originally Posted by rxtrom
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, although I am not sure anything negative can be said about such a great car. I have been taking it out after work and it is childish how excited I am while driving it.

I have yet to setup a appointment with the clear bra installed because I would be without the car for a couple days which is causing me to drag my feet. I know I just need to do it though.

Originally I did not want the sport design package but now I am glad I have the duck. The painted louvers opposed to the black grill was what I did not want but it is growing on me, and I know another forum member swapped his out if it comes to that.

I looked into joining the PCA like someone mentioned and I will probably do that and maybe see some of you locals at events. Limerock is close to me
Congrats man! Yes, PCA is a great idea and you could also join us GT4 guys as the last few times it's been like 6+ GT4's and some Spyders, CS, GT3's tagging along. I will be joining lots of drives/meets in the spring when my GT4 arrives.
Check out Automobilia in CT. I'm going to get Xpel from them and they will take great care of you. I just called them today. It'll take one day and they give you a complimentary loaner vehicle if you need it. You can PM me if you want more info.
Cheers!
Old 01-07-2016 | 12:57 AM
GordyRay
Advanced

Rxtrom:
Beautiful car. The Duck Tail is awesome! I have a Rhodium silver 14 C4S and that color grows on you everyday; especially on cloudy days; the car looks blue, almost like Polar Sliver but more classic in appearance. You have a permanent "keeper". I decided just tonight to focus on finding a GTS somehow. There are a few still out there. I am meeting with my salesman buddy on Friday to do this. I have been buying Porsches from him since 1984. He will cover the entire country for me to find the last GTS for me. Congrats and enjoy it. Life is way too short to have guilt. Drive it hard because Porsches are made to drive hard and satisfy without breaking. Just replace your tires when they need replacing. :-) Many stories regarding friends delaying on new tires only to have an incident. Great move to get X-pel. Get the "self-healing" film. Have it on all my vehicles.
Cheers, Welcome to the Porsche Family.
Gordy
Old 01-07-2016 | 08:17 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

It's a lovely car. Congrats. The best way to deal with that sentiment from others though, from personal experience, is to just not treat it like it's anything particularly special. As in, just drive it like you would a Camry. Pick up the pizza in it. Drive to the shops in it. Take the kids to school in it. Why wouldn't you? It's a car.

Then when you have the chance open it up, take it out on some back roads, enjoy the real beauty of these cars which is that they love to be driven and the more they're driven the more you'll love them.
Old 01-07-2016 | 04:39 PM
STIG991
1st Gear

Congratulations! I faced a similar situation to yours as I was considering how to acquire one of the last NA 991s last summer. While I am not into coupons, I cannot stand instant depreciation and always seek out used car deals that are 3-5 years old. Six months ago I ordered a 991 GTS that I pick up in Zuffenhausen on February 12. I did not get the deal you did but I am happy with 5% off one of the last 991 allocations that I secured last August.

Enjoy the car...my one regret is not ordering the ducktail, which looks great on your car!
Old 01-21-2016 | 11:53 PM
2016gts911
7th Gear

I own a 2016 Porsche GTS I have 1400 miles so haven't completely opened it up .That being said though I have driven aggressively and the GTS went 110 mph around a turn that had a speed sign of 45 mph with no body roll no tires squalling complete control to say the least . Also I wanted to test how hard the car pushes in the upper speed zone it pulls hard at 120 130 140 150 160 to around 170 I topped off at 180 and still had some left . Very stable front end I do have the sport design ducktail package . That being said there is always faster but with a sacrifice as always I wanted a sharp handling car first then fast . Not how fast can we go down the straight line .That being said the 2016 GTS rwd pdk is awesome and not because I own one just is
Old 01-22-2016 | 02:10 AM
Hugh Jardon
Advanced

I agree with the others. Don't worry about what others think and enjoy the car as much as you can. Especially if you have kids and can still fit them in the back seats. I take my kids to school in my C2S several times a week. I pile the back packs in the frunk and the violin in the rear "Porschelf" and drive in with the rest of the parents dropping their kids off. As they say..."Porsche...Everyday Magic"

Or something like that.
Old 01-22-2016 | 02:23 AM
hlvg
Instructor

Congratulations!
Man, that ducktail looks awesome!!

Looking forward to join you as GTS owner in a couple weeks
Old 01-22-2016 | 01:06 PM
Taiwanese
Intermediate

Congrats!
I am like you. Humble, thinking about it for years went from 996 used, 997 used, can't justify it, wearing Costco underwear etc.
I ordered a 2015 GTS in Dec 2014 and took delivery in April 2015.
Glad to see there is any person thinks like me.......lol.

Quick Reply: New Owner - First Porsche - 2016 GTS