991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 Folding Mirror Retrofit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016 | 02:08 PM
STG
Race Director

Usually from what I've seen, if the option isn't there it's pretty difficult to retrofit the wiring after the fact as it's not present from the initial build.

I see adding the electric folding feature may not be easy or even possible.
Old 01-03-2016 | 04:03 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

They do indeed fold!
Attached Images   
Old 01-03-2016 | 10:43 PM
gtSteve
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I cant tell from that angle, are those SD mirrors?
Yes they are sport design mirrors. The black (gloss) lowers were the only way they were offered in the configurator. I was concerned about them being gloss as all the other black on the car is matte. I get compliments on them all the time, but no one has ever mentioned they're gloss.
Old 01-04-2016 | 01:11 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by gtSteve
Yes they are sport design mirrors. The black (gloss) lowers were the only way they were offered in the configurator. I was concerned about them being gloss as all the other black on the car is matte. I get compliments on them all the time, but no one has ever mentioned they're gloss.
Unless something changed, I think the standard mirrors on the GTS are the SD painted in body color. For 2016 Porsche added an option (extra cost) to have the SD mirrors with the gloss black lower part like yours. Interestingly enough, you could get the electric folding mirror with the black lower portion as a no cost option on the GTS. I went with those on my GTS because I liked the lower part being black and didn't have to pay for it, plus got the capability to have them fold electrically.
Old 01-04-2016 | 01:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Unless something changed, I think the standard mirrors on the GTS are the SD painted in body color. For 2016 Porsche added an option (extra cost) to have the SD mirrors with the gloss black lower part like yours. Interestingly enough, you could get the electric folding mirror with the black lower portion as a no cost option on the GTS. I went with those on my GTS because I liked the lower part being black and didn't have to pay for it, plus got the capability to have them fold electrically.
+1 - I would have got them painted if it had been an option for '15

Quick Reply: 991 Folding Mirror Retrofit?