Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baby and Infant Seats in back of 991 (2016)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016 | 07:07 PM
hawc
Racer

Default Baby and Infant Seats in back of 991 (2016)

I know there are older threads on this, but I thought it might be worthwhile starting a 2016 edition with the latest available options. Also might be worthwhile for Canadians to post seats available in Canada as we don't get all the American ones. Let me share...

No baby yet, but there were some good Boxing Day Sales on rear facing infant seats, so I decided to go out with the missus and find one that fit the 991.

Low and behold after about 2 hours of searching and trying them out and talking to an expert we found one that is the perfect fit.

It's called the Nuna Pipa and the base fits the narrow 991 rear seat.

There's no chance of using the front seat with a rear infant or child seat in the back so that wasn't the goal, but this will be great for the baby's first 12 months.

Base stays permanently in the car attached to the 991 ISOFIX points and the seat clicks on/off of it.

We also found a stroller that folds up and fits in the front of the 991 with lots of space to spare which this seat clicks into. Didn't buy that yet.

Canadians have stricter baby seat standards than the U.S. and our selection of seats isn't as broad, so I'm thrilled I found one that fit so well.

Here's the base attached to the ISOFIX points.

Front seat does go back with the baby seat in place, but nobody would be able to fit there.

Here's the seat clicked into the base.

So there you go.

We live downtown and pretty much walk everywhere. We figure at most we'll have the baby in the car maybe four of five time a month. If we were loading it in and out of the car multiple times a day we'd have to consider something more practical, but I think this will do the trick. Plus, the missus is small enough she can fit behind me in the back seat beside the baby
Old 01-01-2016 | 07:30 PM
drsubie
Instructor

That baby carrier looks great in the car--when your child grows into a toddler, you'll be happy to know that a RodiFix Maxi Cosi fits perfectly in the back, attaches via Latch system as well, and allows the front seat to be used!
Old 01-01-2016 | 07:40 PM
hawc
Racer

Thanks drsubie! Great to know. Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2016 | 08:45 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Subscribed
Old 01-01-2016 | 09:07 PM
strumbringer
Instructor

Does anyone know of a rear-facing child seat (not infant seat, not booster seat) that fits in the back of a 991? I have a booster for my older one, but am now wondering how to get the younger one in there in a pinch...
Old 01-02-2016 | 12:33 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drsubie
That baby carrier looks great in the car--when your child grows into a toddler, you'll be happy to know that a RodiFix Maxi Cosi fits perfectly in the back, attaches via Latch system as well, and allows the front seat to be used!
Yes, is true! And best part is they can buckle their own seat belt! Well maybe not best part. But a good part!

Quick Reply: Baby and Infant Seats in back of 991 (2016)