Sponsored by:

Did everyone get

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015 | 12:42 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STG991
They aren't in the business of playing Santa. They want to sell .2's
Lol. They sure do. I cant imagine the money it cost for all the brochures. Masters of the puppet.
Old 12-26-2015 | 12:47 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

A few years ago when the Boxster Spyder came out I got in the mail one day a hardcover book on the BS. Tons of gorgeous photos and Marketing Speak posing as text. The book was so compelling I decided right there to go buy one. Would have too except I test drove one and, as good as it was, it wasn't nearly enough better than my Boxster S LE I had at the time to justify the big PITA of a top.
Old 12-26-2015 | 12:57 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
A few years ago when the Boxster Spyder came out I got in the mail one day a hardcover book on the BS. Tons of gorgeous photos and Marketing Speak posing as text. The book was so compelling I decided right there to go buy one. Would have too except I test drove one and, as good as it was, it wasn't nearly enough better than my Boxster S LE I had at the time to justify the big PITA of a top.
Exactly, its primo marketing and it works. Or they wouldn't do it. People expect these top notch companies to stand above the rest. Motivates the reader to look inside lol And they add atmosphere. They don't show how the car works, they show it going down a sunny road or a wet highway, good times with a lady friend.

I was always so so on a Porsche. Until I drove one. Than I realized what all the hype was about. I love the refinement of these cars. I have been bitten by a beautiful vampire of a car.
Old 12-26-2015 | 01:03 AM
STG
Race Director

You will see unprecedented marketing with the 991.2

Too much riding on this car. Many people are reserving judgment until test drives. Interest thus far hasn't been door busting according to many high volume dealers I've chatted with. GTS sold well and everyone wants GT cars pretty much.

This car is too big to fail.
Old 12-26-2015 | 01:09 AM
vivekg
Instructor

It would be nice if those of us who have placed an order got one of these kits about the car we have ordered :-)
Old 12-26-2015 | 01:12 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

You will see unprecedented marketing with the 991.2

Too much riding on this car. Many people are reserving judgment until test drives. Interest thus far hasn't been door busting according to many high volume dealers I've chatted with. GTS sold well and everyone wants GT cars pretty much.

This car is too big to fail.
That is interesting but makes total sense. My dealer was saying just the other day how the GTS cars were hot. I was thinking today what I would do if I had not got my car allocated.

I can't wait to see the vibe. Will be interesting. I know some peeps are kinda bummed on the duck tail issue.
Old 12-26-2015 | 01:14 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vivekg
It would be nice if those of us who have placed an order got one of these kits about the car we have ordered :-)
I hear you. I am sure it will be coming!
Old 12-26-2015 | 01:39 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by maxpowers
I'd like to see it. All I got was the Porsche magazine with a glowing article about why the 991.2 is so much better than the 991.1. I thought it was particularly nice they had a comment saying something like "who needs a NA engine".
Yeah, that whole issue was one big exercise in trying too hard.
Old 12-26-2015 | 03:36 AM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Got the Boxster Spyder pack 3 weeks ago and the 991.2 pack last week. This week I got the pack with all the CPO stuff and the Certificate of Authenticity. One out of three ain't bad.
Old 12-26-2015 | 10:11 AM
STG
Race Director

If they've roped you in already, the last thing they'll be dishing out is anything free at this point ... Unfortunately Porsche only cares about the people it can sell available cars to. They've shunned 20+ yr customers by them not being able to get GT cars with that whole drama. Want to buy a Macan, Cayenne, Panamera? They love you. Same goes with the street 911's. Any of the GT cars, you're on your own.

They are 100% about selling cars with zero effort put into current customer relations.
Old 12-26-2015 | 11:23 AM
trysixty
Racer

If they've roped you in already, the last thing they'll be dishing out is anything free at this point ... Unfortunately Porsche only cares about the people it can sell available cars to. They've shunned 20+ yr customers by them not being able to get GT cars with that whole drama. Want to buy a Macan, Cayenne, Panamera? They love you. Same goes with the street 911's. Any of the GT cars, you're on your own.

They are 100% about selling cars with zero effort put into current customer relations.
so true...............

all 992 material goes into the appropriate garbage can

Old 12-27-2015 | 01:04 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

I have a GTS on order and received one of these recently, maybe they should have sent it to you instead
Old 12-27-2015 | 01:11 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Yeah. Just received it yesterday. Nice marketing tool. Thank god recycling trash is tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Did everyone get