Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acquired: 50th Edition Geyser Grey

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 07:52 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 78 Posts

Remove the detector of illegal in VA. Congrats on the car! Looks great!
Old 12-19-2015, 08:04 PM
el_june
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car; congratulations...
Old 12-19-2015, 09:42 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

You have the car I would own if they had still been available new when I got ready for a 991. (All except the sunroof part -- I'd have no sunroof. Oh, and no adaptive cruise. )

Seriously, though, Geyser over Pepita interior is exactly the best looking Carrera combo ever. Great snag. Before I ordered my GTS in Feb of 15 I searched half-heartedly for a few weeks for a 50A but all seemed to be black or Graphite, and I was adamant about Geyser. Fearing the sudden shutting down of ordering for 3.8 cars (we didn't know for sure when the factory would shut down orders so they could change over to the turbo 991.2s) I went ahead and ordered. Got exactly what I wanted, so no regrets. Except when I see those damn wheels of yours!

Enjoy
Old 12-20-2015, 01:54 AM
holgum
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shellbmb
Were they pretty firm on the asking price or did they work with you? Curious as I might be working with that dealership in the near future.
It took a while but they eventually caved. I may have been helped by the fact that the dealer was being sold to a new owner (hence the new name) and they needed to clear it off inventory.

The salesperson was a total rookie with no clue how to close a deal so I sent an email to the internet manager and it got done.

Overall not very impressed with their operation but maybe new ownership will change things.

PM me if you need more details.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:04 AM
holgum
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GordyRay
Cheers, keep the radar detector. It will be worth many saves.
Never had a radar detector before so I have no idea what to expect. Downloaded the manual and skimmed thru it, but still confused.
Riding around today it went off a bunch of times with K band warning and I didn't see any cops, so I guessing it's picking up other cars? Got a strong Ka band warning clearly related to a cop sitting on side of road - does that mean the cops around here use Ka and I should ignore K?

Anyway, will play around with it for a few weeka before I decide anything.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:33 AM
Ørjan
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 58 Posts

Congratulations! Great color, and perfect options!
Old 12-20-2015, 09:47 AM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats, love the color and features. Enjoy in good health!
Old 01-06-2016, 12:27 AM
holgum
Rennlist Member

Default Detailing

Car is at Automotive Quality Solutions in Ashburn, VA getting Xpel and Opticoat outside, Optiguard inside.
Here are a couple pics from today after cleaning, clay bar, and light polish - ready for Xpel next.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:05 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 401 Posts

Love the color...very classy. Enjoy!
Old 01-06-2016, 01:57 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 473 Likes on 250 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the GG/agate grey club. It's an amazing combo.

When my car was delivered, the truck driver said he'd been delivering cars for more than 15 years and said it was the most stunning looking color combo he'd ever delivered.

The car gets all sorts of attention here in Stuttgart on the road and in town. I can't tell you how many conversations I've had with folks or number of times I've returned to my car in a parking lot and seen whole families looking at it. Folks say Germans are stand-offish, but they love to talk Porsches.

I think it's pretty telling with Stuttgart awash in Porsches, BMWs and Mercedes-Benz, that I constantly get huge grins from kids and thumbs up from adults on the Autobahn.
Attached Images   
Old 01-06-2016, 07:51 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome geyser - you will love all the different shades of grey.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:05 AM
holgum
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928

I think it's pretty telling with Stuttgart awash in Porsches, BMWs and Mercedes-Benz, that I constantly get huge grins from kids and thumbs up from adults on the Autobahn.
Here too. This is my third Porsche and it gets significantly more attention than the others.

I had an older gentleman walk over at the gas station who said 'I used to have a 912 years ago and I always thought it was the most beautiful Porsche of all - until today'!

And at another fillup, there was a 20-something in a WRX who said 'did you know they made 1963 of these?' - really surprised me that he knew that. A future Porsche owner for sure!
Old 01-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by holgum
Here too. This is my third Porsche and it gets significantly more attention than the others.

I had an older gentleman walk over at the gas station who said 'I used to have a 912 years ago and I always thought it was the most beautiful Porsche of all - until today'!

And at another fillup, there was a 20-something in a WRX who said 'did you know they made 1963 of these?' - really surprised me that he knew that. A future Porsche owner for sure!
Yep I get a lot of people coming up to me and asking about the color. Also, old ladies in particular are drawn to geyser gray. Go figure.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:02 AM
LandShark
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 01-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He is not the only one to say that I remember reading the same in a couple of reviews saying that 50th along with the classic longhood are the most beautiful 911 ever.

Quick Reply: Acquired: 50th Edition Geyser Grey