Sponsored by:

DVD Audio Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 254 Posts
Default DVD Audio Not Working

I have tried inserting several DVDs to play the audio track but no luck. I'm selecting DISC in the "Source" menu. It says "Reading Disc" and then nothing. Two pictures:
1. What I see on the MEDIA tab
2. What I see on the MEDIA\OPTION tab. When I try different DVDs, it recognizes the different formats and languages so it is able to read the disc.

What do you see when you put in your DVD?

I do have a US spec car in Europe with Euro maps loaded so not sure if it has defaulted to Region 2 DVDs (Europe) instead of Region 1 (USA), but I can't find anywhere that displays the region. The manual does talk about the ability of the dealer to switch DVD regions up to 5 times. Before taking it in, just wanted to see what others see who listen to the DVD audio tracks.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Attached Images   
Old 12-12-2015, 11:06 PM
jets
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

DVD-Audio discs do NOT include Region Coding. Looks as though you're using dvd-video discs which it will not be able to play due to menu structures and etc. DVD-Audio discs come in square shaped jewel cases unlike movies.

Even though it can see the audio tracks on the disc, it has a file structure not compatible for playback.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:57 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by jets
DVD-Audio discs do NOT include Region Coding. Looks as though you're using dvd-video discs which it will not be able to play due to menu structures and etc. DVD-Audio discs come in square shaped jewel cases unlike movies.

Even though it can see the audio tracks on the disc, it has a file structure not compatible for playback.
Thanks for the info. I noticed I had a square DVD case for my U2 - Live at Red Rocks concert which contains a CD and a DVD so I gave it a try. Works perfectly! Allowed me to select DTS 5.1 and sounds amazing. The CD has 7 tracks, but the DVD has 17 tracks--Bonus!

The playback is great! Thanks for the response "jets."
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: DVD Audio Not Working