Sponsored by:

991 GTS Rennport Edition or 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 12:48 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts
Default That Special?

I too paid the premium and bought a Rennsport Edition. I have to be honest and admit I like the exclusivity even though, just as with the PCA Club Coupe as well as the 50th Anniversary 911, they really are not massively customized and radically unique. I do think all of these vehicles will hold their value, again my opinion only, better that a 991 TT and other cars I have considered as well as owned. In the end, it is about the driving experience and what you individually love.
Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2016, 09:52 AM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I would be willing to bet that there are certain PTS colors that were done in extremely small numbers, if at all, and combine that with an Exclusive interior and you have a very rare car - does it mean it's worth more - I doubt it but it may be to the right buyer. I do have to say that it seems that older 911s in PTS colors do seem to be worth more. I know of a 993 Turbo S in a PTS color - probably the only one - I would guess that it is worth even more than the ridiculous price of those cars already.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:44 AM
JEI-Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default bought one too - lets start a Registry

When I first saw the Rennsport Edition GTS in Monterey I thought it was cool but simply another expensive parts bin excercise. Collectible? Don't think so.

Then I got some driving impressions in a new 911 last week and came away really disappointed even though I wanted to love it. Yes it's a lot faster. Non-entuisasts will like it for it's massive torque and power no matter what gear you are in. To me it was simply boring, too perfect, no need to shift, linear power delivery & sound misses the fire works of the old engine.

So on second thought then and in context of the new car, I think the Rennsport is a little bit more than just a parts bin exercise; a PTS GTS with a manual transmission combined with likely being the last naturally aspirated regular non-GT/R 911 (at least in the near future).

Also, the car looks far better in the real world back at the dealer and show room, and on the road. The exclusive available only wheel on the GTS & Rennsport graphics package really compliment fashion gray. I've seen the color on a few other 991's and to me it looked dull, too flat & frankly a bit boring. The graphics change that in a big way. I own a 997 SportClassic and it reminds me a bit of it. I wouldn't drive a regular GTS with my own sticker pkg on it but because this is factory done I somehow can justify the boy racer looks.

I've also owned a 991GT3 which is a fantastic car and significantly faster than the GTS, however, the pdk made it much less involving & satisfying to me. The GTS combined with the manual transmission & auto blip really adds an extra fun element the GT3 can't give me. The 7 speed transmission also feels a lot better than I remember it from an early 911S cab I drove a few years ago.

All that said, I am still not sure it makes the Rennsport Edition a collectible car but for sure it is one of those cars that is more than the sum of its parts and one I intend on keeping.

PM me if you bought one too, I'd like to keep a registry and would love to know where they are.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 991 GTS Rennport Edition or 991 GT3