Sponsored by:

PCM - Music playlist for a 2014 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 06:48 PM
GN2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PCM - Music playlist for a 2014 C4S

Are we able to sort music by the artist using the PCM? Is there a trick to streamlining the music search or selection process?

Thanks for any assistance that you are able to provide.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:20 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2016 PCM v. 3.1 (at least that's the v the manual is) sorts my i-pod by artist, album, genre, track-- so far nice interface--
Old 12-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 86 Posts

I posted some of this before, here's what I discovered. If you organize your music on your USB stick then you can get to it by selecting the Track Listing and then hit the Return/Backup button. This will expose the folder structure on your USB stick.

I have mine organized as Genre > Artist > Album > Tracks.

If your into audio you will want to use the non compressed WAV file format, a 256 GB stick will hold quite a bit of music. Note that spinners will not work, only sticks (yes I tried a small USB powered 1 TB spinning drive, PCM would see the USB device but wouldn't read the file structure).

Also, if you have a Bose system and are into audio then you want you enable Linear in Sound > Options. Linear gives you an equal bass response, not having linear selected will give you bass fatigue boom (aka fat bass)
Old 12-09-2015, 07:58 PM
GN2
Intermediate

Default Does this work for the Jukebox?

Thanks Jay. Does this approach work for the jukebox or if I simply connect a cellphone via Bluetooth?

Originally Posted by Jabs1542
I posted some of this before, here's what I discovered. If you organize your music on your USB stick then you can get to it by selecting the Track Listing and then hit the Return/Backup button. This will expose the folder structure on your USB stick.

I have mine organized as Genre > Artist > Album > Tracks.

If your into audio you will want to use the non compressed WAV file format, a 256 GB stick will hold quite a bit of music. Note that spinners will not work, only sticks (yes I tried a small USB powered 1 TB spinning drive, PCM would see the USB device but wouldn't read the file structure).

Also, if you have a Bose system and are into audio then you want you enable Linear in Sound > Options. Linear gives you an equal bass response, not having linear selected will give you bass fatigue boom (aka fat bass)
Old 12-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 86 Posts

Never used the jukebox but I would guess it would be similar (Track List > Return button gets you to the folder structure). It would be interesting to know if you can control the folder structure when you import it to the jukebox.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:30 AM
GN2
Intermediate

It seems that I am going to proceed by trial and error. I use apple's mp3 audio format, so I would prefer not having to convert music to Wav.

Thanks again Jay.

Edit: An article from a few years ago offers an explanation for choosing the Wav format over the MP3 format - http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/when...e-two-formats/

Originally Posted by Jabs1542
Never used the jukebox but I would guess it would be similar (Track List > Return button gets you to the folder structure). It would be interesting to know if you can control the folder structure when you import it to the jukebox.

Last edited by GN2; 12-14-2015 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 12-14-2015, 04:48 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,197 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by GN2
Are we able to sort music by the artist using the PCM? Is there a trick to streamlining the music search or selection process?

Thanks for any assistance that you are able to provide.
Yes you can in Jukebox - when in Jukebox, hit "Media" button. Hit "Find Music", and from there you have a choice on how you find you music, via artist, album, genre, etc. Hope this helps. Happy Holidays.

Quick Reply: PCM - Music playlist for a 2014 C4S