Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 Carrera S or GTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 03:55 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can find a GTS go for it. It's sublime.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:01 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Just curious, are those new?

yes, brand new.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:16 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I will concur the GTS is sensational!!!
Old 12-03-2015, 05:28 PM
LCW
Pro

It is sensational. However, there seems to be a good amount of stock on the ground.... Here are my rough back of the envelope numbers: ALL 911 sales in the US amount to roughly 10,000 units. That's ALL variants from base to turbo S. That's 833 cars per month. Assuming GTS coupes account for 10% of sales, that's 83 cars per month. There are 74 cars currently on the ground, which means about 0.9 months supply, for a car that is supposedly in high demand... Seems to me the demand is no more no less than the other variants.... It may be more desirable to the purists, but on aggregate it seems to be in line with other variants... just my quick and dirty analysis...
... bottom line, for those that want a GTS there is still a chance to get one that is already in stock... possibly at year end sale prices...
Old 12-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
A quick search on Cars.com revealed there are 74 GTS coupes in stock nationwide across all of the US. If the OP is really after a GTS, there may be a suitable build available immediately (+ shipping of course).
Remember, a lot of those sites, Autotrader for example, scrape data directly from dealer incoming inventory automatically, so it can be very misleading with regards to whether those cars are actually for sale. Some of those can very well be customer spec order cars that are not for sale. This was a big issue with regard to all the GT4s that popped up on Autotrader. Few of them were actually for sale to the general public. (And it that case, those that were had a healthy markup on them...)
Old 12-03-2015, 05:52 PM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Remember, a lot of those sites, Autotrader for example, scrape data directly from dealer incoming inventory automatically, so it can be very misleading with regards to whether those cars are actually for sale. Some of those can very well be customer spec order cars that are not for sale. This was a big issue with regard to all the GT4s that popped up on Autotrader. Few of them were actually for sale to the general public. (And it that case, those that were had a healthy markup on them...)
that's a fair point. perhaps the OP can inquire with a few dealers and report back to the forum to satisfy everyone's curiosity.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Dangelus
Instructor

If you find a GTS, take it. Best 911 yet.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:21 PM
GT325
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 113 Posts

using cars.com to estimate inventory is totally misleading. For example my GTS which I purchased back in August still comes as available with a cars.com search. I would estimate at least 50% of the listings are sold/unavailable. much more reliable way to search by using xxdealer.porsche.com just much more time consuming.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:27 PM
911sccab
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

A GTS didn't make any sense to me. I get what they're all about, and they are cool, but I wanted a timeless 911with a little more comfort and class. I wanted a little chrome, I didn't want the aggravating center locks, I wanted bright wheels and I think smoked lights will be a cliche in a few years. We got a 7MT Targa 4S.

So, nobody has really asked you what you want. I'm not sure how to answer which is better without knowing the answer to that question.

Now, another time and place in my life I'd have been all over a GTS... But we're tickled with our S.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:43 PM
thedragonseven
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went round and round between C2S, C4S, and GTS.

In the end, I chose a GTS and love everything about it, because:

- I would have wanted/ordered X51
- Think the CL wheels look great in their racing/competition style spokes and matte black
- PDLS, PASM, and Sports Chrono are standard
- I enjoy the contrast of leather and alcantara
Old 12-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by thedragonseven
I went round and round between C2S, C4S, and GTS.

In the end, I chose a GTS and love everything about it, because:

- I would have wanted/ordered X51
- Think the CL wheels look great in their racing/competition style spokes and matte black
- PDLS, PASM, and Sports Chrono are standard
- I enjoy the contrast of leather and alcantara
good man!
Old 12-03-2015, 10:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
It is sensational. However, there seems to be a good amount of stock on the ground.... Here are my rough back of the envelope numbers: ALL 911 sales in the US amount to roughly 10,000 units. That's ALL variants from base to turbo S. That's 833 cars per month. Assuming GTS coupes account for 10% of sales, that's 83 cars per month. There are 74 cars currently on the ground, which means about 0.9 months supply, for a car that is supposedly in high demand... Seems to me the demand is no more no less than the other variants.... It may be more desirable to the purists, but on aggregate it seems to be in line with other variants... just my quick and dirty analysis...
... bottom line, for those that want a GTS there is still a chance to get one that is already in stock... possibly at year end sale prices...
I would be VERY surprised if the GTS comprised 10% of NA volume

try a google search like

911+Carrera+GTS+info.php+201* site: porschedealer.com to see just how
few cars are actually on dealer sites...
Old 12-03-2015, 11:28 PM
jw1977
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same choice, I wanted a GTS but never liked the black rims and the center locks seemed like a pain in the butt. I couldn't find one with color and options I wanted so I went with a C2S.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:49 PM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

I enjoy my C2S..
Old 12-04-2015, 01:27 AM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
let's put it another way, if there were 74 available, that would mean 1.5 cars available PER STATE!! I wouldn't call that a ton of stock.. and that assumes all 74 are available. think of all those deposits that are down from readers on this board..

Quick Reply: 911 Carrera S or GTS