Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2016 911 GTS Coupe - Initial Impressions & Full Write Up

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016 | 01:00 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MagicRat
Great write up, and stunning car. The no-sunroof, silver and duck make the whole thing flow beautifully, and you are right that these things are keepers. Can I ask where you got the info that the 4-way seats were 30-40lbs lighter than the 18-ways?
It's in a few different threads including one called "weight diff between Steel and pccb" or something like that -in the gt3 forum. Easy to find with Search. Compares all the seat options, 4 way sport plus being 33 lbs lighter without all the motors and electronics. They do still have up down and seat back angle motorized of course. Cheers.
Old 01-23-2016 | 02:39 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Thanks. Found it. Makes me feel good about my 4-ways
Old 01-30-2016 | 09:11 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Default Blendmount and Mirrortap Install Today

Just adding to the journal..
Added a 9500IX, Blendmount, and MirrorTap this afternoon. Took a couple hours, best if you do yoga and have small hands -no room to work with, and very awkward angle to access the connector above the headliner. Very happy in the end, and felt the satisfaction of doing my own work.

Huge thanks to 911Idiot who is clearly not an idiot for figuring out this DIY install. His instructions are PERFECT.
Link to his DIY: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8047...re-of-dog.html

My concern was the detector may block my field of view -if you were concerned about this, I wouldn't be. It's perfect. I just got back from a ride and the detector just melts away into the mirror. I took some pics that I think show an accurate representation of how (not) obtrusive it is. Either way, much less annoying and obtrusive than suction cups and a curly cable.

Two comments, if you do the MirrorTap, get the 15". No way the 12" would have worked with my 9500IX. Second, I used a drill to start a pilot hole at the seam of the rear view mirror trim, then used a bigger bit to make an exit hole so the cord's exit looks OEM. Very nice -I'll add a pic.

The Blendmount itself is very well designed and very sturdy. The milling and black anodized aluminum reminded me of a quality rifle scope mount. Expensive but it's nice.

Old 02-07-2016 | 02:34 PM
R_Rated
Banned

http://www.romanticasheville.com/waterfall_drive_tour.htm

I want to do this and the wife will have fun too.
Old 02-07-2016 | 04:13 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Nice DIY fast.

Looks great!
Old 03-26-2016 | 12:42 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Default AWE Sound Vids on my 16 GTS - GT Silver

Finally have a couple vids from my car with the AWE. Here is a vid from my first ever autocross with PCA last weekend. Fun event.
Car has with the AWE Switchpath exhaust -sound from an onboard perspective.. This was one of the first laps, so didn't know the course well enough to be on the gas, so the sound is 1st and 2nd gear in the 3000-5000 range i'm guessing.

some revs from outside the car at Cars N Coffee San Francisco.

I have a gopro outside the car vid i'll also post when i have sec.
Old 03-26-2016 | 04:49 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
Finally have a couple vids from my car with the AWE. Here is a vid from my first ever autocross with PCA last weekend. Fun event. Car has with the AWE Switchpath exhaust -sound from an onboard perspective.. This was one of the first laps, so didn't know the course well enough to be on the gas, so the sound is 1st and 2nd gear in the 3000-5000 range i'm guessing. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeCPK5hLgDc some revs from outside the car at Cars N Coffee San Francisco. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RiILyQPTMA I have a gopro outside the car vid i'll also post when i have sec.
I was lucky enough to see this GTS in action and the sound was epic.
Old 03-27-2016 | 11:16 AM
Gripster
Rennlist Member

Perfect build OP. Tastefully done and pretty close to a dream car for me. Congratulations!
Old 03-28-2016 | 03:28 PM
stim989
5th Gear

how does the spasm compare to regular pasm?

Quick Reply: New 2016 911 GTS Coupe - Initial Impressions & Full Write Up