Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pdk T4S for a manual GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 05:29 PM
BMWMB
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts

You adore your PDK, and your car is ordered new in the desired configuration...
Why than swapping to a manual GTS, and with an interior that you don't really like? For me no leather on the dash is a no go!

Don't do it. If you really want a GTS, than search one that is specced the way you like.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:38 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

It's just cars, not wives.

Buy the manual GTS in addition to the Targa. Problem solved.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:16 AM
PatrickC23
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharm
Ok guys, I need your help.

I'm in the rare position (for me) to be able to swap my PDK Targa 4S, which was bought ordered and specced by yours truly, and jump into a manual Carrera GTS. I know this is another 'what should I do thread,' but I really need help on this one rather quickly as it's a dealer lot car.

My main concerns are the interior of the gts is not the upgraded interior pkg and just the standard alcantara leather seats with no leather on dash. I currently have full leather in my car with deviated stitching so I may miss the nice fit and finish. What are others' opinions of their GTS interior and especially if you didn't go with the interior package. Obviously thats secondary to the fact that I am also going from a pdk, which I absolutely adore, to a manual. I am no stranger to manuals as my other daily driver is one, but I am afraid I will miss the pdk. I guess I just want to know what other people would do on this forum in the same situation. Thanks!
From reading that, I would say no, and this is coming from someone that opted not to get the GTS interior package. Although I love the GTS interior, it was lower on my list of must have options and worked out to nearly an 8k option with the leather and GTS interior checked off. But sounds to me like this is something very important to you, and you will probably not like the standard interior in the GTS. You also picked PDK, as did I, I'm an SMG, DCT PDK type of guy, and I'm not ashamed of admitting that. It's one thing if you disliked the PDK, but you said you "adore" it, which leads me to believe you will miss it.

Options make the car yours, and you built it for yourself to your spec, and so I think you should enjoy it more, as many more GTS models will become available down the line with your specific specs desired.

My last five cars were built to my spec, and there's just something about having a car born with your name in it that makes it special, keep it.

The one thing you don't mention, which I think is a big deal, is going from a targa to a coupe, or is the GTS also a targa.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Sharm
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

UPDATE Thanks everyone for their wisdom above! I read every post until now. Well guess what, I went in to look at the car again this weekend. I took a friend with me as well. The moment I laid eyes on it I was lusting!

I didn't tell you guys much about it so here it is: Carmine Red, C2 GTS, manual, 18-way seats with premium pckg, no glass sunroof, poster child of the GTS with GTS decal on side doors with all the right options ticked except for the interior package as I stated above. My current car is a DBM in sig.

I instantly knew I wanted it. I had been driving my Targa for the better part of the year, but I did start to feel a thrill was missing lately. I test drove the GTS with the manual and, for me, realized it was much more engaging to drive the last time I came.

So I made up my mind to go in and ask for a deal. I eventually came out with a great one off a new, unstamped GTS! It is a 15 but a late model, was made in may and came on shore in the states in June. I am absolutely thrilled with it. Pics to follow!

Even though I spotted this vehicle on my own prior, Special thanks to our friend STG991 for also posting it on his now-famous thread and helping me out and to the peeps here who helped me make my decision. I will go into more detail later in terms of my mental process if people are interested in why I jumped into the manual GTS.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:09 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats. Great choice with going with the GTS.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharm
UPDATE Thanks everyone for their wisdom above! I read every post until now. Well guess what, I went in to look at the car again this weekend. I took a friend with me as well. The moment I laid eyes on it I was lusting!

I didn't tell you guys much about it so here it is: Carmine Red, C2 GTS, manual, 18-way seats with premium pckg, no glass sunroof, poster child of the GTS with GTS decal on side doors with all the right options ticked except for the interior package as I stated above. My current car is a DBM in sig.

I instantly knew I wanted it. I had been driving my Targa for the better part of the year, but I did start to feel a thrill was missing lately. I test drove the GTS with the manual and, for me, realized it was much more engaging to drive the last time I came.

So I made up my mind to go in and ask for a deal. I eventually came out with a great one off a new, unstamped GTS! It is a 15 but a late model, was made in may and came on shore in the states in June. I am absolutely thrilled with it. Pics to follow!

Even though I spotted this vehicle on my own prior, Special thanks to our friend STG991 for also posting it on his now-famous thread and helping me out and to the peeps here who helped me make my decision. I will go into more detail later in terms of my mental process if people are interested in why I jumped into the manual GTS.
YAY!
Old 11-09-2015, 06:41 PM
BMWMB
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats, and welcome to the manual GTS RWD club!
Old 11-09-2015, 07:25 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great choice. You won't be disappointed. Manual GTS is awesome.

Quick Reply: Pdk T4S for a manual GTS?