Sponsored by:

Paint correction is worth every penny

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 09:44 PM
saa106
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrat
Where did you get it done at? I'm Houston? Would love a recommendation. My car looks like pooh
I second this, Marv where did you get this done? I'm picking up my Sapphire Blue CS this weekend. Yours looks great.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:57 PM
gurneyeagle
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrat
Where did you get it done at? I'm Houston? Would love a recommendation. My car looks like pooh
Originally Posted by saa106
I second this, Marv where did you get this done? I'm picking up my Sapphire Blue CS this weekend. Yours looks great.
I'd like to know too.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:38 PM
AlbertC4S
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The lift was used by the guy who detailed the car. He actually kept the car for 3 days. I was very impressed.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:57 PM
Bigalfromfl
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AlbertC4S
The lift was used by the guy who detailed the car. He actually kept the car for 3 days. I was very impressed.
Oh, OK! Thought it was yours! LOL Thanks!
Old 11-24-2015, 02:20 AM
Marv800
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by saa106
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
I'd like to know too.
I used a business called Excessive Detailing. Koshi the owner, does all the work himself with an employee. He is passionate about what he does and it shows. His business is near the beltway and 290. His number is 713-501-0546.

He recently had a 918 he worked on featured at SEMA
Old 12-16-2015, 12:42 AM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

Thanks for the all the useful information. New to this and learning. Couple questions.

Does this process need to be repeated at some point in the future?
What's the "routine maintenance" needed after getting this done? 2 bucket washes?
Any good recommendations of places to do this in CA (specifically Bay Area)?
Old 12-18-2015, 12:10 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just read the entire thread and found it interesting.
Just so I am clear we are talking about a "correction" in the same relative manner as an old school compound and polish procedure......?
The difference is the use of the latest paint (re)finishing products.
I have to say the results looks fantastic. No question.
My question is how much better does this look vs a three part machine application of a professional 3M or Dupont product namely Perfect-it (my choice) / Stonetech respectively?
The most intriguing element of this process may be the final sealing coat.
For the pros who have used multiple methods, are the new materials more durable, optically clear and longer lasting than a high % Carnuba wax application?

Best, Bret.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:38 PM
snowcar_C4S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car looks great! Having a coating applied is well worth it, you did it the right way though by having paint correction done prior to the coating. It's pretty amazing just how bad the paint is on most cars, straight from the factory. If you take a look at some of the detailing forums, it's shocking to see how bad the paint is on new vehicles, even Ferrari's and Lambo's. My 911, new, had to undergo 9 hours of paint correction, my E92 M3 required similar attention, both are white cars. Back in the day, I used to do this myself, but my body is pretty wrecked after many years of abuse as an athlete and I am unable to hold the random orbiter for long periods, so I send all of my cars to the same, reputable detailer, he and his team always, without fail, perform miracles. Getting a white car to "pop" is no easy feat. I'd also like to add that it's not so much about the price, but more about the results, seems that you emerged with a great result!

My detailer goes as far as machine polishing the inner and outer portions of the wheels and applies Modesta coating to the wheels and calipers. My cars have that mirror like finish posted by the detailer in this thread. An upside to this process is that washing the cars is quick and easy, because dirt does not like to stick to the Modesta/OptiCoat/CQuartz coatings. Cleaning my wheels is also a breeze. I have been using a foam cannon for some time now, this cuts down on further damage to the paint. Additionally I use the Master Blaster for drying, besides the time savings vs. drying manually, it's of further benefit as I hardly need to use my trusty big blue microfibers to dry the vehicle surface.

Quick Reply: Paint correction is worth every penny