Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 GTS with fat discount or new 991.2 C2S?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 05:37 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
PNA and my dealership had no problem screwing me on my custom build that was there then not there all of a sudden. Talk about following through with your commitments. Please. This is too big of a purchase to go down a road you don't want. You are in escrow. Pull out if you want.
Well if you want to go down that analogy then is the deposit forfeit?( in your case as described seems like the dealership was at fault and i'm assuming you got your money back ?) There are all sorts of legitimate reasons for backing out of a deal but change of heart probably ain't one of them-- just my zwei deutschmark
Old 11-02-2015, 06:10 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by mgflyfish
Well if you want to go down that analogy then is the deposit forfeit?( in your case as described seems like the dealership was at fault and i'm assuming you got your money back ?) There are all sorts of legitimate reasons for backing out of a deal but change of heart probably ain't one of them-- just my zwei deutschmark
Yes. The deposit was returned and I do see both sides of the argument. A commitment was made to the dealer and should be honored. On the other hand a new home just went on the market that may fit the buyer better with a lower cost. Does he not consider this new home just because he is in escrow on another? Too big of a purchase to do something in favor of the big dealer. IMO.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:12 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, I think in this case we are long away from the order freeze date. So the OP's build is going to be modified for someone else. The dealer will not suffer. In fact, the dealer may move 2 cars (the GTS and the new one) instead of one...
Old 11-02-2015, 06:30 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
Yes. The deposit was returned and I do see both sides of the argument. A commitment was made to the dealer and should be honored. On the other hand a new home just went on the market that may fit the buyer better with a lower cost. Does he not consider this new home just because he is in escrow on another? Too big of a purchase to do something in favor of the big dealer. IMO.
Right-- A buyer may certainly consider the other cheaper home but she will have to forfeit her earnest money as the newer listing has no bearing on original commitment and obligations thereunder--
Old 11-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Ernesto Schmitt
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LCW
Guys, I think in this case we are long away from the order freeze date. So the OP's build is going to be modified for someone else. The dealer will not suffer. In fact, the dealer may move 2 cars (the GTS and the new one) instead of one...
Thank you LCW. You are 100% correct.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:46 PM
ezdriver
Burning Brakes

If the GTS was a one-owner car, I'd readily suggest going that route because it is not a turbo. I say stick with the car that you configured and ordered.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:47 AM
Gil J Walker
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Why go for the "obsolete" naturally aspirated GTS? That's so last month. Used cars?? For the birds on that "hot for sale" thread.

Go fuel efficient turbo and the Apple CarPlay thingy! The music will be a distraction from the new engine/exhaust soundtrack. The new rear grill is cooler too. Plus that front axel lift is a must for suburban speed bumps.

This is great.

Last edited by Gil J Walker; 11-03-2015 at 05:49 AM. Reason: my post did not make sense before
Old 11-03-2015, 07:16 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
No. It's November already. That car will be built in a few weeks. Shipped in December for the scheduled January delivery. That order is locked & loaded.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:15 AM
Ernesto Schmitt
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexVan
No. It's November already. That car will be built in a few weeks. Shipped in December for the scheduled January delivery. That order is locked & loaded.
It isn't locked and loaded. Spec remains changeable until ten days before build. This is what the dealer has told me - and he's not asked me for my non-refundable deposit yet, which happens at the point where the order is locked down. So nothing is set in stone as yet, and the dealer will have no difficulties shifting this build slot if necessary. I just need to decide if I want to go that way. I expected everyone in this forum to advise me to plump for the GTS, but the response has been more nuanced. Will make my final decision today. Thanks for the advice guys!
Old 11-03-2015, 09:45 AM
DNorby
Racer

okay, get the gts
Old 11-03-2015, 09:45 AM
DNorby
Racer

I would buy a CPO and not an independent
Old 11-03-2015, 12:04 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

The 991.2 is not yet built so they can still change config for the next buyer.

"obsolete" GTS - 3.8 NA - $$
New 991.2 - 3.0 Turbo - $$$

My choice is GTS for obvious reason. I prefer an NA than a Turbo.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:11 PM
hawc
Racer

What's the 'list' price of a used car anyway? That can be manipulated up and down to tell you that you're getting a huge discount. There's no set pricing on used car that you can reliably saying I'm getting x% off of what we all know the normal price to be.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:27 PM
spaghettiab
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hawc
What's the 'list' price of a used car anyway? That can be manipulated up and down to tell you that you're getting a huge discount. There's no set pricing on used car that you can reliably saying I'm getting x% off of what we all know the normal price to be.
You can sometimes find out how much the dealer paid for a used car. In my case, the finance person showed me exactly how much the dealer paid to buy the car at lease return. He showed me the paperwork as I suspect it was a fair deal for both the dealer and me.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:41 PM
hawc
Racer

I stand corrected.

Quick Reply: 991.1 GTS with fat discount or new 991.2 C2S?