Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennlist Membership subscription. Do it!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 01:21 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

This thread was started to show the BENEFITS of membership here and my appreciation for the contributions here by those who choose to be members. Pretty simple.

If someone doesn't want to enroll in a membership that costs $.05 a day, it's they're own right. Just don't come on the this thread and try and bash those who DO choose to pay. Trust me, if the paid members become discouraged with Rennlist there won't be anything here.

The VALUE here is their (paid members) participation in more cases than not.

I really didn't think this thread would be such a sore spot for some (who haven't shelled out $.01). I'm really not going to get into the back/forth tit for tat with anyone. I'll just listen to the great stories and appreciation many have written about their experiences on Rennlist.

Last edited by STG; 11-17-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:43 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I could say the same about you.
You could, but you'd be sorely incorrect. The contributions Bob R. has made here on RL are considerable and meaningful. Anyone who suggests otherwise is clueless.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:51 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 717 Posts

This is fast becoming a thread similar to pdk vs manual, with bashing on both sides of the aisle. Really don't know why it was even started as it has nothing to do with Porsche cars. People here are smart enough to know what the benefits are and decide for themselves if they want to be a member or not. Is there a similar push to join in the 996, 997, or Turbo forums? Has it really come down to the point where "members" are not willing to help out "non-members"?
Old 11-17-2015, 02:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by STG991
To keep things going here, and keep excessive advertising out, I'd suggest to everyone getting a membership to show your support. Plus gives you a few perks to certain areas of the site.

It would be nice if it was 100% required, but I can't control that. I think it would keep things a bit more civilized at times in my opinion.

Anyway, I show my support and do it personally.

http://www.rennlist.org/members.htm

$17.95 1yr. or $32.00 for 2yrs. It's not a bank breaker, and the free education here is priceless
Here's the original post INCASE someone hasn't seen it! Many nice posts by fellow Rennlisters follow after it.

I didn't think it would turn into a debated discussion

Really, don't like it? Don't become a member then.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:13 PM
jsaviano
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, dumb question: what does one get with membership? I went to the link but for some reason would not open. I've gotten useful info already, so not a problem to do so.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:27 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Originally Posted by jsaviano
Sorry, dumb question: what does one get with membership? I went to the link but for some reason would not open. I've gotten useful info already, so not a problem to do so.
A sticker.

Access to the off topic area.

Access to the IHI thread.

You can sell stuff.

50% off at the Porsche parts counter.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:32 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by jsaviano

Old 11-17-2015, 07:32 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 359 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
All of IBs auto websites are ad models, including Rennlist. Per their own public disclosures, 97% of the traffic on their sites is non-paying. If you want to pay, great. I choose not to pay simply because I choose not to have one more place for my credit card information to be stored, with little benefit in my eyes. How good a web forum is or isn't has nothing to do with membership fees and everything to do with the quality of the people participating in it.
You can pay with PayPal. IB can't get your card info if you pay with PayPal. If PayPal is not safe,what is?

Quick Reply: Rennlist Membership subscription. Do it!