Sponsored by:

Warranty Claim Denied; any suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 03:51 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
I don't think a comprehensive claim would affect your rate. Collision yes.
Yes it can. I have a friend that made a comprehensive claim to get his car painted that had been keyed. His comp rate went up.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:21 PM
Axxlrod
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your warranty is with PCNA, not the dealer. Dealer does not decide what work is warranty or not; PCNA does. The dealer only performs the work that PCNA authorizes. So you're suing the wrong entity.

I surprised the dealer didn't go ahead and just replace the $200 part for you since they screwed up previously and you lost use of your car for several weeks as a result.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:32 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark FM
Amen to that STG991 - Porsche dealers in our area could care less about customer loyalty and building long-term relationships with customers. I have tried 6 different times to buy various 911's from my local dealer and I always get a far better deal going to more distant dealers! I am not unreasonable in the discounts that I try to negotiate; at 5 - 7% off, I would have bought all 6 new cars from them! I always give them first shot, but the management of the local dealership could care less! What I really enjoy is when they tell me that they are way down the list on allocations - perhaps if they were nicer to potential customers in their area, they would sell more cars and earn larger allocations! Hey guys, there is a cause and effect here!!!
+1 = Sunset--That's why I head over the Mountains as well-
Old 10-30-2015, 06:37 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 990 Likes on 587 Posts

Your emotional energy and time is worth more than the $200 part. Just replace it on your own and move on.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Verinnal
Racer

First of all I want to thank everyone. Despite having several people noting that I am wasting my time, and possibly this isn't even a warranty issue, I still appreciate all of the different perspectives and feel good about having posted this. That being said, I believe the wisest course of action would be to meet in person with the PCNA rep that decided against honoring the warranty. I'm going to post a picture shortly since a few people have asked
Old 10-30-2015, 07:36 PM
Verinnal
Racer

Here it isName:  photo212.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  807.0 KB
Old 10-30-2015, 11:49 PM
sracer
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It just boggles the mind the logic here...let's see, spend $200 (truly less as cost is a fraction) to make a customer that spent 140K on your product happy, or give them the stiff arm and make them unhappy.
It's exactly the reason I don't buy BMWs due to a similar issue in about 1991. and I have purchased how many cars since 1991?
Old 10-31-2015, 12:34 AM
pfan
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

PCNA should be ashamed.

Nickle and diming loyal customers over relatively minor issues is a great way to turn them into ex customers.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:18 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Yep. I'm still awaiting word from Porsche on my windshield gasket that is "melting" in one certain area. Mind you, there are others on this board whose car suffer from the same. They (PCNA) don't immediately warranty such because some cleaning agent may have been used on the car to cause such. Of course, how could it ever be a bad seal? It's all on the owner. Makes me livid.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:24 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,148 Likes on 687 Posts

Originally Posted by oalvarez
Yep. I'm still awaiting word from Porsche on my windshield gasket that is "melting" in one certain area. Mind you, there are others on this board whose car suffer from the same. They (PCNA) don't immediately warranty such because some cleaning agent may have been used on the car to cause such. Of course, how could it ever be a bad seal? It's all on the owner. Makes me livid.
And you should be livid. Pretty disconcerting that Porsche is always blaming the owner for issues with the car, either that or its "normal". Now, you are not allowed to clean your windshield with any cleaning agent. C'mon Porsche, get real. Guess Porsche wants us to bubble wrap the whole car???
Old 10-31-2015, 12:07 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

This is not good. My gut tells me that the "regional manager" has zero awareness about this issue and your situation. He's not sitting at hiss desk presiding over warrantee claims and stamping 'NOT APPROVED' If Corporate has denied your claim and the dealers hands are tied, have that conversation with the regional manager. Usually those guys have rose up in the Porsche world because they are logical business men. Guarantee the RM hasn't been exposed to this and if you bring it to his attention with a professional approach I'm sure he will help you with a resolution.

Start the conversation off with "I'm sure this issue has not been brought to your attention but as a loyal customer I thought you should know how xyz dealership has performed in addressing this issue"

If I were the RM I would want to know.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:16 PM
todd92
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
Those pop-in ABS air scoops can and will crack if someone pulls on them incorrectly in an attempt to remove them. Perhaps somewhere along the line some person tugged on yours.

While you can sue anyone for anything, you have to prove that the part was defective in order to prevail. How do you intend to do that? I've been to Small Claims so many times I can't count. Just because you feel wronged does not make it a winnable case. Courts run on facts, not moral righteousness. I don't think you have a case, personally.

You can glue up an ABS crack to where you will never see it. Remove the scoop, glue and clamp, when dry put it back in. If you do it right it will be invisible.
This is the best advice. Fix it yourself and move on. If the repair is not 100% invisible, you make can make it so with one of those paint touch up pens.

Lawsuits? Just sad.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:16 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Small Claims Court would be a waste of time. You would have to prove that the crack was caused by a defective part, which will be a tough challenge for you. Porsche could simply state that in their opinion the damage was caused by the impact of a stone.

In gray areas like this, you have to depend on Porsche "good will". As a four decade Porsche owner, my experience is that if you have established a good relationship with your dealer, then they will be your advocate to Porsche, and chances are that it would be covered.

Let me suggest a compromise. Agree to pay for the labor but request that Porsche provide the replacement part at no charge to you.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:59 PM
Guzzgreg
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 66 Posts

Verinnal I'm in NY and would like to know the dealer. There is one in my area in LI I will no longer go to due to them scratching my old 997. They denied they did it. Exhausted fighting with them. Gave up and no longer use them.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:22 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,148 Likes on 687 Posts

Originally Posted by Guzzgreg
Verinnal I'm in NY and would like to know the dealer. There is one in my area in LI I will no longer go to due to them scratching my old 997. They denied they did it. Exhausted fighting with them. Gave up and no longer use them.
Guzzgregg - PM sent

Quick Reply: Warranty Claim Denied; any suggestions