Sponsored by:

how easy to add Sport PASM to stock PASM

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 12:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by elitex
I went through the parts list with Suncoast and it seems like parts alone would be around $3k. He thinks the pasm controller is the same but would need to confirm. If we need pasm controllers then there are 2, 1 for the front and 1 for the rear. 2 pasm controllers would be about $1k.

I think damptronics would be the way to go. You can add the after market pasm controller if needed (forgot the company name).
+q if you are buying new shocks get the damptronics and then a TPC-Racing DSC controller (not yet available for the 991 but soon)
Old 11-28-2015, 03:12 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

full factory -20 Sport-PASM option has shorter stiffer springs X 4 , stiffer roll bars x2 , stiffer roll bar bushings x4 ( no need to change roll bars or their bushings if it has PDCC ) , different struts with proper shorter piston rods x 4 , shorter strut dust covers and shorter strut bumpers x 4 , polyurethane front spoiler lip with squared off side profile , different sunroof angle / opening controller box ( if applicable ) , 10 degree steeper rear wing angle when deployed above 75 mph irrespective of sunroof position , as well as different control parameters for the PDCC and PASM struts ( and perhaps PTV , PSM parameters too..who knows ) ....conversion is a lot more work and costs many , many ( did I say many ) thousands of dollars ( vs having just checked the 900 buck option box for it way back when speccing the car or buying one off the lot that already comes with it ( plus it is basically " free " if buying a used 991) ...so....it is more than just swapping 4 SPASM -pkg springs !

Last edited by MKW; 11-28-2015 at 03:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AM6007 (09-13-2020)

Quick Reply: how easy to add Sport PASM to stock PASM