Sponsored by:

Crazy DMV ream/fees

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 04:22 PM
saa106
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Texas

6.25% sales tax on vehicles, new or used.
Registration fees under 100.00/yr.-- deductible on Fed income tax.
No state income tax

We do pay property taxes but it is usually under 3% of the assessed value/yr., depending on what city you are in. I will certainly not say Texas is the best place in the US to live but we do have some lower taxes and fees.
Old 12-20-2015, 04:34 PM
JonDUnning
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Homeles
Ah, California. Land of fruits and nuts. Overpriced property and they think they've found their rainbow. NC=3% tax on cars, property taxes on a $1.3M house @ $2500, $600 for reg on a $130K car, Need I say more? I'll stay on the right coast!
Born in NorCal and been in SoCal for 25 years now. Travel extensively for work and have been in all 50 US States.

Yesterday morning I hiked up in the mountains above Crystal Cove for three hours in shorts and a t-shirt. It was gorgeous. Then it rained all afternoon - a rarity indeed but quite nice.

This afternoon I'll go for a run in 75F weather in shorts and a t-shirt. Tomorrow I'll bike to Long Beach in just normal cycling shorts and a short-sleeve jersey.

The nights have dipped down into the 40s which has been nice. Fireplace going every morning.

When I finally get my 911 I can't wait to drive it all around LA, Malibu, Ortega Mountains, Baldy, PCH, San Diego, OC, etc.

That Arizona house is just gorgeous. I've had some of my best times on the East Coast.

But I'm happy here for sure.

Quick Reply: Crazy DMV ream/fees