Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 10:52 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but here's what I'm looking at: http://www.porsche-code.com/PH7S37S5 My first 991 C2S was white with black top and interior, and my current C4S is Agate with black top and interior. The white one was ordered, the grey one was purchased from inventory. I've always wanted a red interior in a car, and I thought the red top would go nicely with the red/black interior. Also the red top should jazz up the GT Silver body color. Any thoughts?
Old 11-19-2015, 11:00 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you are asking, I think the GT silver is an awesome classic color. With GT silver I would be partial to espresso and cognac interior, with a black top. This combo would be my second choice after my current order which is dark blue with black interior....
Any combination you choose is going to be a terrific car to drive with lots of enjoyable miles ahead.... So congratulations.... Let us know how you get on. All the best!!
Old 11-19-2015, 11:09 PM
LCW
Pro

A couple of other notes:

1) do you feel you really need a 4wd car? I would personally move down to a 2s and spend the difference on other goodies... Just my thought

2) seems interesting that the sport exhaust option in a 4s appears to come with the exhaust tips on the corners of the car rather than centered, judging by the rendering of your spec...
Old 11-19-2015, 11:14 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Thanks. I'll play with that combo. I've had several cars with some version of a brown interior (including my first brand new car, a black with brown interior 1976 Fiat X1/9), and I prefer it to all black.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:31 AM
mantylar
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the same GT Silver/ Red Top with Garnet Red/Black interior on my 2016 911 GTS Cab. It arrived in San Diego on the 12th and I hope to pick it up next week at Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas. I'll be taking it to the Palm Springs area. I will post pictures ASAP.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:35 AM
systemr
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

i have a 991.2 on order, except its a GT3!
Old 11-20-2015, 02:53 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
2) seems interesting that the sport exhaust option in a 4s appears to come with the exhaust tips on the corners of the car rather than centered, judging by the rendering of your spec...
The 2D representation semi-centers it for the c4 and c4s, too.

But it would be an interesting twist to use wider placement on the widebody.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:17 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Mantylar, I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. The .2 red interior is called Bordeaux. I'm hoping it'll be a close match to the top color.

LCW, Thanks for the input on 4 vs 2. I really like the wide body look and the taillight strip. Also, the extra stability in the rain is nice to have. And every once in a while, I'll take it to work on a sunny winter morning, and it will be snowing on the drive home. While I know it's the tires, not the number of wheel being driven, it helps enough to get me home safely. I don't really need extra goodies, so if I decide to go with a 2S, I'll just enjoy the lower price. Regarding the sport exhaust, I'm pretty sure they'll all come with the center tips. For some reason, the configurator only shows the spread tips.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:40 PM
mantylar
Track Day

Silver with a red interior has been a classic Porsche combination for decades. I saw a 2015 911S coup at my dealership with GT Silver/Garnet Red and Black. It was stunning in my opinion. With the black dash and trim I don't think there is too much red.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:31 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a 2017 Targa 4S on order, complete with a Commission # and European Delivery date at Zuffenhausen for late April, 2016. I have been told that I have until December 5th to make changes, and I have two items that I am considering changing:

1) Adding Sport Exhaust. My current 2012 CS does not have it and I have read mixed reviews on the 991.2 from various tests as to whether it is necessary or not. Also, not sure that I like the look...

2) Might change the interior color from Black/Bordeaux to another two tone. There are no samples of Bordeaux as it is new and I don't know how it compares to the previous red interior color. I think I like what I have chosen, but it may be a little to "out there." Still pondering.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHCFDR27

Any comments/advice?
Old 11-25-2015, 02:23 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by sfy1505
I have a 2017 Targa 4S on order, complete with a Commission # and European Delivery date at Zuffenhausen for late April, 2016. I have been told that I have until December 5th to make changes, and I have two items that I am considering changing:

1) Adding Sport Exhaust. My current 2012 CS does not have it and I have read mixed reviews on the 991.2 from various tests as to whether it is necessary or not. Also, not sure that I like the look...

2) Might change the interior color from Black/Bordeaux to another two tone. There are no samples of Bordeaux as it is new and I don't know how it compares to the previous red interior color. I think I like what I have chosen, but it may be a little to "out there." Still pondering.

Any comments/advice?
I heard the base and S models at RSR-V Laguna Seca last month, trust me
PSE is a MUST HAVE IMO if you want the car to sound like anything other
than a Dyson at full chat.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:43 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tgcrun
I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but here's what I'm looking at: http://www.porsche-code.com/PH7S37S5 My first 991 C2S was white with black top and interior, and my current C4S is Agate with black top and interior. The white one was ordered, the grey one was purchased from inventory. I've always wanted a red interior in a car, and I thought the red top would go nicely with the red/black interior. Also the red top should jazz up the GT Silver body color. Any thoughts?
Yes! I got offered a job at Beverly Hills Porsche when I was applying for a job after Hurricane Katrina. GM said "we don't have time to train someone." I gave him a quick walk-around on a GT Silver cab with lip stick red interior. When I was done he said, "when are you coming back." Never did wish I did though...

This is a great combo with the richness of GT Silver now off the exclusive charge list. Red tops look great on silver and the bordeaux interior will probably have more burgundy tones that will be less striking that lip stick red circa 993.

Any comments/advice?
1) PSE everytime
2) It ain't out there - what color on the Targa? I think it would be complementary with the black top and the red interior gives it a nice look. I saw a striking awesome Targa 4S Porsche N. Houston had earlier in the yr.. looked great imo.
Attached Images   
Old 11-25-2015, 02:51 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I heard the base and S models at RSR-V Laguna Seca last month, trust me
PSE is a MUST HAVE IMO if you want the car to sound like anything other
than a Dyson at full chat.
Did you hear the PSE? Or do you mean it sounds bad without.

I am wondering, based on the soundclips updated for the 991.2, how Porsche would make the PSE 991.2 sound so much better than the non-PSE? If the soundclips are true they must gather some sound from between the head and the turbo, or something like that. The difference is a bit hard to believe and I am wondering whether they fatfingered the PSE soundclip.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:13 PM
gloom
Instructor

I'm hesitating as well on the PSE even though everyone here will tell you it's a must. I really dislike the centered tailpipes, it messes the balance of the rear design IMO. I read/watched all the reviews and at least two said that the standard exhaust sounded great. But, yeah, a few others said that PSE "is a must have"... It will sound sportier and louder with PSE, there's no doubt about that. If I ever regret my decision to opt-out, there will be aftermarket solutions with performance gains in the future.

If I had to pick, I'd opt for Real-Axle Steering before PSE but that's personal. Read the Motor Trend review (they call it "a must have") and watch the Car Magazine video. They rave about the benefits of it. And that's something you just can't add after delivery.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:38 PM
LCW
Pro

I have a 2017 Targa 4S on order, complete with a Commission # and European Delivery date at Zuffenhausen for late April, 2016. I have been told that I have until December 5th to make changes

Dec 5th lock -> delivery late April.... that sounds like a very long time between lock and presumed production. Is that normal?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!