Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015 | 09:58 PM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by budrichard
Just ordered a 991.2 C4. Build is for a daily driver year round here in Wisconsin with it's winters. Will be purchasing a set of dedicated wheels and 'snowflake' tires. We have run Volvo XC70's since 1999 but the winters are changing and one XC70 in the family will be sufficient. Since no PTS available and I Like 'Guards Red', Guards Red it is with painted vent slats to match for some interior color. Carbon trim to get rid of as much as possible of the bright interior trim. No painted dials available and that's Ok as I have gotton used to the black dials in my Boxster. Build is PH3Q5868 if anyone cares to have a look. -Richard
Congratulations!! When is it meant to be produced?
Old 12-06-2015 | 06:30 AM
budrichard
Banned

Originally Posted by LCW
Congratulations!! When is it meant to be produced?
Don't know yet.
Should be like April time frame.-Richard
Old 12-07-2015 | 09:44 AM
LCW
Pro

Just ordered a 991.2 C4.
Build is for a daily driver year round here in Wisconsin with it's winters.
Will be purchasing a set of dedicated wheels and 'snowflake' tires.
We have run Volvo XC70's since 1999 but the winters are changing and one XC70 in the family will be sufficient.
Since no PTS available and I Like 'Guards Red', Guards Red it is with painted vent slats to match for some interior color. Carbon trim to get rid of as much as possible of the bright interior trim.
No painted dials available and that's Ok as I have gotton used to the black dials in my Boxster.
Build is PH3Q5868 if anyone cares to have a look.
-Richard
Did your dealer say painted dials will be available by the time the car goes into production? Thank you
Old 12-07-2015 | 10:54 AM
gloom
Instructor

Just ordered a 991.2 C4.
Build is for a daily driver year round here in Wisconsin with it's winters.
Will be purchasing a set of dedicated wheels and 'snowflake' tires.
We have run Volvo XC70's since 1999 but the winters are changing and one XC70 in the family will be sufficient.
Since no PTS available and I Like 'Guards Red', Guards Red it is with painted vent slats to match for some interior color. Carbon trim to get rid of as much as possible of the bright interior trim.
No painted dials available and that's Ok as I have gotton used to the black dials in my Boxster.
Build is PH3Q5868 if anyone cares to have a look.
-Richard
Very nice configuration and kudos for having the courage to take this baby out in the Wisconsin winters I was hesitating between a year round DD C4 (lease) or summer-only C2S (buy)... Went for the later though in the spirit of keeping it long term and sparing me the stress of obsessing about the road abrasives on that fancy paint.

I am a big fan of the painted model designation/logo, nice touch. Surprised it's not popular in the builds posted so far.
Old 12-07-2015 | 11:12 AM
budrichard
Banned

Originally Posted by LCW
Did your dealer say painted dials will be available by the time the car goes into production? Thank you
Didn't say one way or another but after driving the 2013 Boxster with black dials, I am a fan of black. I Noticed that this is a no cost option for the S models. My wife's 2011 XC70 came with silver dials and you can't see a thing most of the time, really.
The painted vent slats should put just a touch of color into the interior.-Richard
Old 12-07-2015 | 11:22 AM
budrichard
Banned

Originally Posted by gloom
Very nice configuration and kudos for having the courage to take this baby out in the Wisconsin winters I was hesitating between a year round DD C4 (lease) or summer-only C2S (buy)... Went for the later though in the spirit of keeping it long term and sparing me the stress of obsessing about the road abrasives on that fancy paint.

I am a big fan of the painted model designation/logo, nice touch. Surprised it's not popular in the builds posted so far.
Car will be clear wrapped. Had the entire front end of the Boxster clear wrapped and you can't tell a thing and still looks great.
The 3D modeling on the config supports just about all options so you can look at your config. I had the Boxster interior photoshopped in Mexico Blue before finalizing the order.
Now obsessing over carbon fiber mats which require I delete the Fire Extinguisher. The Boxster mat has to be bent to insert under the extinguisher and I can only suppose that the carbon fiber can't be bent?-Richard
BTW has anyone considered using the front end lift option for snow, you would have to compress the snow with the body but that shouldn't be a problem and you would get more ground clearance so you don't plow?
I also wonder about whether PTV would be useful in snow for side to side stability?
Any knowledge or thoughts apperciated.
Old 12-07-2015 | 11:41 AM
budrichard
Banned

Originally Posted by LCW
People are getting discounts in line with current (or recent) 991 production orders. My impression is that dealers are holding the first production spots for those customers that are willing to pay more and giving spots in the later production months to those that got discounts, i.e. the greater the discount, the longer you will wait..... that is only my impression, though.... I would love it if folks could provide concrete evidence in favor or against this impression...
My 2013 Boxster, I got 4% and asked for more on the 991.2 and obtained it. My sense is not a lot of orders for a market such as Chicago. But the transaction took less than 30 minutes so it ain't costing them a lot of sales time and effort.-Richard
Old 12-07-2015 | 12:07 PM
gloom
Instructor

BTW has anyone considered using the front end lift option for snow, you would have to compress the snow with the body but that shouldn't be a problem and you would get more ground clearance so you don't plow?
I can imagine that the Front-Axle Lift could help go through an unplowed driveway/side street for example. That (ridiculously expensive) option could make a lot of sense on a winter car. Since it deactivates itself as soon as you reach ~20mph though it won't help in all situations...
Old 12-07-2015 | 10:53 PM
drgek
Racer

Originally Posted by LCW
My dealer in suburban Chicago told me today that Porsche might release the colored gauges in February.
Old 12-07-2015 | 10:56 PM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by drgek
My dealer in suburban Chicago told me today that Porsche might release the colored gauges in February.
Great. Thank you for the input.
Old 12-08-2015 | 07:51 AM
budrichard
Banned

Colored dial just showed up on Configurator!
Now have to decide what interior pieces to paint to match Guards Red exterior?
Choices are , Belts, Instrument Dials, Sport Chrono, Vent Slats, Air vents(trim around vents) and Dash and Center Console Trim.
Right now I'm thinking Dials, Sport Chrono, Belts and Air Vents.
Trim will be Carbon fiber.
I also just noticed that you can get any steering wheel heated and with Multi function control. I think I will add those especially the Heated Steering Wheel for Wisconsin winters!-Richard
Old 12-08-2015 | 06:50 PM
drgek
Racer

Colored dial just showed up on Configurator! Now have to decide what interior pieces to paint to match Guards Red exterior? Choices are , Belts, Instrument Dials, Sport Chrono, Vent Slats, Air vents(trim around vents) and Dash and Center Console Trim. Right now I'm thinking Dials, Sport Chrono, Belts and Air Vents. Trim will be Carbon fiber. I also just noticed that you can get any steering wheel heated and with Multi function control. I think I will add those especially the Heated Steering Wheel for Wisconsin winters!-Richard
Excellent news. Updated my order. Now if I can just get an allocation...
Old 12-08-2015 | 06:57 PM
LCW
Pro

I think there are plenty of allocation spots available. Where are you located?
Old 12-08-2015 | 07:27 PM
vivekg
Instructor

hmmmm, to update my order or not. Will have to think about it this weekend.

Colored dial just showed up on Configurator!
Now have to decide what interior pieces to paint to match Guards Red exterior?
Choices are , Belts, Instrument Dials, Sport Chrono, Vent Slats, Air vents(trim around vents) and Dash and Center Console Trim.
Right now I'm thinking Dials, Sport Chrono, Belts and Air Vents.
Trim will be Carbon fiber.
I also just noticed that you can get any steering wheel heated and with Multi function control. I think I will add those especially the Heated Steering Wheel for Wisconsin winters!-Richard
Old 12-08-2015 | 07:57 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Exactly!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!