Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 01:27 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 572 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Summer32
P-Zero's, first experience with these. Had Michelin's on my 997
I have winter Pirellis on my new C2 and they are unbelievably noisy on some pavements. I just returned from two back to back 400+ mile days and my ears are still ringing.

God bless,
TT
Old 01-11-2019, 01:48 PM
CraigW1
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo420

It finally worked! This time I did one photo at a time, as suggested. Once the photo appeared on the manage attachments window, rather than U/L a 2nd, 3rd, & more...I clicked the Upload button upper right & Voila! It appeared inline in my post & then I kept repeating till I got all 5 pix. (Pix taken with my Samsung Galaxy S7e phone & then downsized using GIMP on my Mac.)
Really like the exterior color and the expresso natural leather interior! Very unique color combination. Enjoy the ride!
Old 01-11-2019, 06:50 PM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks, everyone, for the comments!

Some have commented on the Natural Leather.
I was back & forth re which leather & how much leather. Whether to get deviated stitching ($$$$$)

The “confusilator” was not very straightforward re fully explaining the various leather options, IMO.
The simple answer I was looking for was what, exactly is covered with leather & what is not with each of the different leather options.
Surprisingly, the SA was no help here. I even went to a different dealership close by & just asked a different SA questions & they didn’t really know. Also there were not many 911s (991.2) to physically look at with different leather options. Typically, the few I could see either had basic leather or Natural leather.

I wanted to see a diagram, no such luck. (I did find a diagram for MY2013 991)
I didn’t want Sport-Tex Seats even though they looked great. I needed ventilated seats, it is HOT here, desert SW, Much of the year.

The basic seat leather choices are:

1) Std interior/Partial Leather Seats +$0
Includes:
Covered in Black Partial Leather
- Front seat centers
- Front side bolsters
- Front headrests
Covered in Black Smooth-Finish Leather
- Steering wheel rim
- Gear shift lever or gear selector
- Door handles
- Door armrests and paneling
- Center console storage compartment lid
NOTE:
Standard interior includes partial leather seats.

2) Standard Interior / Leather Seats (Front) +$0
( I do not know what the difference is between #1 & #2 but did not look into it since I am leaning towards the other options)

3) Leather Interior / Leather Seats (+ $3850, or + $4280)
4 colors & 3, 2-tone color choices!

4) Leather Interior / Sport-Tex Seats (+ $3850 for 2 tone leather + cloth)

5) Natural Leather Interior / Natural Leather Seats (+ $5370)

This is the highest leather option, not counting adding all the extra bits I will list. But…apparently, if you go for this you only get 1 color choice… Brown. (Espresso) or Brown + light brown (Cognac)
No way to get Dk Brown color with middle leather option.
Then under “Interior Leather” section, OMG!
29 more leather options!
I was leaning towards Graphite Blue with Deviated Chalk centers. I was thinking I wanted the middle leather option. My 1st impulse was to say NO! To all the additional leather options.
I did finally pony up for the Steering column casing in leather (w/o deviated stitching) + $470 bc I could see the column every time I entered. I thought it would stand out if I had leather dash but not column.
I finally found a diagram that shows exactly what you’d get if you buy the instrument surround in leather.
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/8871...-config-2.html

I don't think it is that noticeable. I didn’t get it.
I did not want deviated stitching, which I thought would reflect onto the instrument gauges, which I would not like. Also…$$$$$!
I was unable see a photo of the deviated seat color (Chalk) for the seat centers.
The lack of photos may mean this is an unpopular choice & can hurt resale.
When I selected GB wi chalk centers, the configurator picture just showed the GB. No help in deciding!
I read a very long thread on RL about LTS. 90 pages! Ordering LTS adds much time & $$$$$$! Also very complicated process.
I did not want to pay thousands to get LTS. Especially bc I would then need to be extremely careful I did not end up with some horrible mismatched, painted plastic parts, as some LTS customers were stuck with.
I finally found & did sit in a 911 with Natural leather (Dark Brown "Espresso") I liked it more than I thought I would. Didn't realize it was so dark. I wasn't thrilled with it in the photos as much.
I finally chose the brown color, which was only available if I got Natural Leather. I concluded it goes GREAT with Agate Gray due to the brownish tones of that particular paint.
I had thought (apparently in error) that when you paid the extra $$$ for NL vs. the middle leather option, you got better quality leather & also more surfaces covered in leather.

I now think you get EXACTLY the same amount of leather! The only "advantage" of NL for the extra $$$$:

The 2 colors (Espresso/Cognac), not available in the mid leather option
'Better' quality

I also discovered if I got 18 way seats, my original choice, the backrest shell would NOT be covered in leather. If 14 way, yes, leather backs. Since all the 911s I test drove had 14 way & they seemed fine, I got those.
Re seat adjustments, the only adjustments I will lose are the seat bolsters & the back bolsters. Some say the 14 way seat bottom is less padded vs. the 18 way…IDK. I could not sit in 18 way seats on a 991.2.

Conclusions:
Copied from the configurator:

Natural Leather Interior in Espresso
Includes:
Covered in Espresso Natural Leather
- Front seat centers, seat bolsters, headrests and backrest shells
- Steering wheel rim and airbag module
- Gearshift lever or PDK gear selector
- Center console storage compartment lid and side section
- Dashboard top incl. instrument cluster cover
- Dashboard bottom incl. glove compartment lid
- Door handles, armrests and paneling incl. top section
- Door panel inserts
- Rear seat centers, bolsters and side paneling
- Rear center tunnel cover
- A-pillar (Cabriolet)
NOTE:
Natural leather is carefully dyed to preserve natural features.
Dashboard decorative trim incl. cupholder trim and decorative door trim in Galvano Silver.
Front seat backrest shells are not covered in leather with Sport Seats Plus or Adaptive Sport Seats Plus since the shell is painted.
$5,370
---------------------------------------------------------
Leather Interior in Graphite Blue
Includes:
Covered in Graphite Blue Smooth-Finish Leather
- Front seat centers, seat bolsters, headrests and backrest shells
- Steering wheel rim and airbag module
- Gearshift lever or PDK gear selector
- Center console storage compartment lid and side section
- Dashboard top incl. instrument cluster cover
- Dashboard bottom incl. glove compartment lid
- Door handles, armrests and paneling incl. top section
- Door panel inserts
- Rear seat centers, bolsters and side paneling
- Rear center tunnel cover
- A-pillar (Cabriolet)
NOTE:
Dashboard decorative trim incl. cupholder trim and decorative door trim in Galvano Silver.
Front seat backrest shells are not covered in leather with Sport Seats Plus or Adaptive Sport Seats Plus since the shell is painted.
$4,280
================================================== ==
Price difference = $1,090
Get better quality leather?
Get that Brown color
Nothing else

So, I hope this long post helps others trying to decide which leather to get.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:59 PM
Thinc2
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 110 Posts

Well dang, my all season tires are on backorder until at least end February (order placed in December) and so I will be driving the car from Portland to Seattle on whatever the OEM summer tires are.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:14 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
I have winter Pirellis on my new C2 and they are unbelievably noisy on some pavements. I just returned from two back to back 400+ mile days and my ears are still ringing.

God bless,
TT
I found the same thing with those tires on my non-Porsche car. The Michelins, at least when new, seem a lot quieter.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Summer32
P-Zero's, first experience with these. Had Michelin's on my 997
They are actually decent summer tires and offer good performance, but in my experience they are horrible when cold and also will tend to get very noisy quickly. I'll use mine as break-in tires and probably switch after 10k and a couple years of wear.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Wait is much harder when you don’t have a ship to track

Last edited by Cyberbug; 01-11-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:42 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Wait id much harder when you don’t have a ship to track
I discovered that, too.

God bless,
TT
Old 01-11-2019, 10:43 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by V999
I found the same thing with those tires on my non-Porsche car. The Michelins, at least when new, seem a lot quieter.
Thanks, V999. Good to read that.

God bless,
TT
Old 01-11-2019, 10:51 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

I finally found & did sit in a 911 with Natural leather (Dark Brown "Espresso") I liked it more than I thought I would. Didn't realize it was so dark. I wasn't thrilled with it in the photos as much. I finally chose the brown color, which was only available if I got Natural Leather. I concluded it goes GREAT with Agate Gray due to the brownish tones of that particular paint. Since all the 911s I test drove had 14 way & they seemed fine, I got those.
Your Espresso interior is very beautiful and appears to go perfectly with Agate. Great choice. I just spent two back to back days, 400+ miles on Interstates each day, in the 14 way seats. I think they're terrific.

God bless,
TT

Last edited by TomTarzian; 01-11-2019 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:15 PM
Boisecar
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, seems things are picking up. The Oregon Highway is now due into San Diego on 1/15. Getting really excited about finally getting my Porsche. Have a very long history with the brand. My father taught me how to drive in his 911E. This will be my third Porsche. Started with a Boxster a couple of decades ago. Had a GT4 for a couple of years. Loved it except for the tall gears. With our soon to be move from San Diego to Boise wanted all-wheel drive. Have a dream of putting a ski rack on it and driving my new car to a local ski resort with my wife. Decided to bite the bullet and went with a 991.2TTS. Like most of us on here, I have and am leading a very blessed life.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:18 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by Boisecar
Well, seems things are picking up. The Oregon Highway is now due into San Diego on 1/15. Getting really excited about finally getting my Porsche. Have a very long history with the brand. My father taught me how to drive in his 911E. This will be my third Porsche. Started with a Boxster a couple of decades ago. Had a GT4 for a couple of years. Loved it except for the tall gears. With our soon to be move from San Diego to Boise wanted all-wheel drive. Have a dream of putting a ski rack on it and driving my new car to a local ski resort with my wife. Decided to bite the bullet and went with a 991.2TTS. I have and am leading a very blessed life.
Wonderful, Boisecar!

God bless,
TT
Old 01-12-2019, 01:24 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by CCDD
My vehicle was originally scheduled to be on the Viking Queen yet ended up on the Mermaid Ace arriving in Davisville nearly 4 weeks early. The whole time I thought my vehicle was sitting in Emden until my SA told me it had arrived.
Wow, what a nice surprise!

I'm a bit confused though - did your dealer just assume it was the Viking Queen based on the dates and not actually check?
Old 01-12-2019, 01:30 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Thinc2
Well dang, my all season tires are on backorder until at least end February (order placed in December) and so I will be driving the car from Portland to Seattle on whatever the OEM summer tires are.
I drove around the Seattle area on the summer tires for the tail end of Winter 2017 (March/April). They aren't great in the cold and wet, so I ran winter rubber the next season. It's not like it can't be done (you'll be fine) but I'd try to pick a dry day for that trip. Be safe.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:05 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 374 Likes on 199 Posts

I took delivery of my awesome new 911 C2S Monday PM!

Here are some photos:

{OK tried twice to attach photos, not working. I drag them & they upload & then I click "Upload" in upper Rt & they just go away, as if I never tried, tried 5 photos 2x}

I got Michelin Pilot Sport 4S!
Bought Discount Tire Road Hazard insurance for the life of the tires for under $300.
Next week is PPF & Tint. I cannot wait! Must be careful to avoid stone Chips till then, very little driving.
Is this a thing? Discount tire will sell you a road hazard insurance on tires you didn't buy from them? Or did I miss that you bought the Michelins from them.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!