Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Unable to Play Track" with Apple Music

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015 | 12:52 PM
eddtiff
Instructor

Default "Unable to Play Track" with Apple Music

Ever since receiving my car 2 weeks ago, everything has been fine up until tonight. I used to plug my iPhone 6 Plus into the USB cable, turn the bluetooth on to receive calls, and close the glove box. I would then just pick a song in my playlist and it would play without issue.

Tonight, when I plugged in my phone, it says "Unable to Play Track" in the bottom left hand corner in blue. It just shows the song title with the album art, but no sound. I need to open the glove box and press Play on my phone for the music to start. If I want to skip songs using the arrow keys, you see the album trying to load the next song, but then it just goes back to the playing song's album art after a second or 2, and the same song keeps playing.

I really have no idea what's going on. It's a real shame because it was working great before. I am a paid subscriber of Apple music. Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 10-16-2015 | 01:15 PM
tron786
Instructor

Default "Unable to Play Track" with Apple Music

Which iOS version you on?
When Apple updates things often break
Old 10-16-2015 | 01:17 PM
eddtiff
Instructor

Originally Posted by tron786
Which iOS version you on?
When Apple updates things often break
The latest 9.0.2
Old 10-16-2015 | 04:05 PM
t0mas
Intermediate

There is a bug with the way Apple devices play with PCM. What happens is that when you start your car, the bluetooth pairing starts....which may take a few seconds up to even a minute in some cases.

If you plug in your phone via USB before the pairing completes, it will recognize your phone, and even start playing a track, but as soon as the pairing completes, it overrides the USB and the sound disappears. You will see all the track info in your PCM, but no sound.

The easy way to solve this is to simply unplug your phone from the USB cable, wait a second or two, and replug it in. Reselect iPod and it should work.
Old 10-16-2015 | 05:52 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Originally Posted by t0mas
There is a bug with the way Apple devices play with PCM. What happens is that when you start your car, the bluetooth pairing starts....which may take a few seconds up to even a minute in some cases.

If you plug in your phone via USB before the pairing completes, it will recognize your phone, and even start playing a track, but as soon as the pairing completes, it overrides the USB and the sound disappears. You will see all the track info in your PCM, but no sound.

The easy way to solve this is to simply unplug your phone from the USB cable, wait a second or two, and replug it in. Reselect iPod and it should work.
+1
Old 10-16-2015 | 07:31 PM
eddtiff
Instructor

Originally Posted by t0mas

I've tried unplugging it a few times without much success. I'll try waiting for the Bluetooth pairing to complete first, then plug it into the usb and see how it goes. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2015 | 09:31 PM
eddtiff
Instructor

Fantastic! I waited for my BT to pair up then plugged the usb in and everything is back to normal! I can skip tracks and play automatically like I used to!

Thanks t0mas!
Old 10-16-2015 | 10:11 PM
trucheli
Pro

Since we are on the subject I wonder why I can't use two devices to play independently. I have my iPod classic connected via USB in the glove compartment and my iPhone thru Bluetooth. I am not able to see the iPhone as a AuX BT while the iPod is connected. Any other car that I have owned I was able to do this and switch sources. I have a 2015 991 GTS and I would think they should have fix this issue by now.

Last edited by trucheli; 10-16-2015 at 10:35 PM.

Quick Reply: "Unable to Play Track" with Apple Music