Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confusing and Complicated Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 06:07 AM
DNorby
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does Porsche mail it to you? The dealer did not give me a document like that.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:02 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by DNorby
Apparently you have to pay Porsche $100 to get the detail of what the car includes-the non-options.
No you don't. Any dealer can give you the build sheet on your car using your VIN. That will show you every option on your car. The base features for a 2013 991S can be found on the Internet in multiple places. Put the two together and you have your car. Not very difficult.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:24 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 847 Likes on 425 Posts

Does Porsche mail it to you? The dealer did not give me a document like that.
Yes it was mailed along with some CPO info.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:32 AM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a used 2013 S and I cannot tell what is really included with my car. The "additional equipment' includes PASM, Sport Exhaust, Sport Chrono and a few things that seem to be for looks. It has Sport and Sport Plus buttons and a button for the PASM - a shock absorber button (the PASM is listed twice on the build with codes 30 and 030).

So, it looks to me that Sport Chrono includes the tightening of the engine to the frame-sport and sport plus adjustments, the suspension can be changed and if I want more noise from the exhaust there is a button for that-it is plenty loud as it is.

I have a manual transmission and 2 wheel drive and I was wondering if there is anything this car is missing as far as performance features go? Is there PTV on my car?

The manual and the VIN lookup does not really tell me what I have or do not have and I guess my question is: does my car have all the performance options that was available (I have red brakes)?

Does Porsche complicate things with all off the abbreviated electronic systems? The car is fantastic and fast and fun to drive. It has 400 hundred horsepower and is it enough to get me around town?

Is there a way to find out exactly what is included on my car when I do not have the original purchase/build sheet (I tried the VIN lookup on this site)?

Am I the only person that is confused with my car?

Thanks,

David
Think you need to look closer at that car. You might have bought some BMW instead.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:13 AM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you determine exactly what is on the car you purchased , you can use the Porsche "Good to Know" cellphone app to determine how to use it.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:26 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by The New 911
Think you need to look closer at that car. You might have bought some BMW instead.
You aren't playing nice , but I have to admit that I'm surprised that someone would spend over $80K on a car and not be certain what he purchased. In my case I always buy new and custom order my Porsches. So I of course know exactly what options I have.

What I have noticed is a wide range of product knowledge amongst Sales Associates at various Porsche dealers. For example the SAs at my local Porsche dealership thoroughly review all of the options with each customer as part of their delivery process for all new and used cars, but based on the OP's questions that's not the case with all SAs.

Quick Reply: Confusing and Complicated Car