Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would this carfax scare you away from buying?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Dgags
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan
Any idea what C2S's are being traded in at? I'd love to catch someone right before trade in and beat the dealer (or Carmax) quote by a few thousand. While a CPO car would be the ultimate buy.. if I can get a 2013/14 under the original factory warranty and save $10K.. then its worth it not to pay the CPO price.

Thanks in advance!
Not an S but I just traded in my C2 with 30k miles and got 60k for it. Someone would have had to give me $66,500 for it as we only have to pay tax on the difference between purchase price and trade in amount. 10% tax on that 60k is...... You got it.

As for the OP's question. I bought my C2 with 15k miles on it and it had an extensive service history. Made me a bit nervous with all the stuff that had been looked at or worked on but it was owned by an employee of a Porsche dealership and he dropped it in for service if there was a drop of water on his garage floor or he smelled something funny. I put 15k on that car without doing anything other than a couple oil changes.

I bought that car out of state and the service history made me pause and look local. When talking to my local dealer and told the manager about the car I eventually bought, he's the one who said not to worry about it because their employees pretty much do the same. Any issues with their personal P cars get dropped at the service bay in the mornings to get looked at while they work that day.

YMMV.

Quick Reply: Would this carfax scare you away from buying?