Sponsored by:

Saw the new 991s today with Porsches engineers

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 12:06 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saw the new 991s today with Porsches engineers

I was on my way to Breckenridge today going through the CO mountains. My fiancé and I pulled off into a little town to get some water and I saw several Porsches and a white van. The Porsches seemed to be in the new body style.

I at first didn't think much about it but they had the new vertical grill with the air inlet looking rear bumpers. Inside were the German software engineers with lap tops and the cars had GA plates on them. I will share a few pics when I get home in a couple of days. Where it is easier.

I told the one engineer that I had just bought a new 991 GTS and he told me he wasn't sure how the new sound will be liked yet with the new car. Well they had a Carrera S with the sport exhaust and I heard it up close and personal.

I can tell you I think the NA cars are gonna remain hot is all. I respect the new car and when you hear it you can decide too!
Old 09-25-2015, 12:26 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Cool.

Seeing how the turbos do in those high altitudes.

Hopefully the laptop didn't have an iPod connected to it with the 991.1 PSE soundtrack on it new PCM feature
Old 09-25-2015, 02:21 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

showing 991.2 cab at RRV right now .....after the presentation everyone left ....no one taking a second closer look because in person is almost identical to 991.1 ...even those updated rear lights and front LEDs....hard to explain... front vent are too big ... look like they came off a Cayenne Turbo ....the hinge joints are in the centers of each of the three strakes to close at speed ... gonna do hot laps in a few minutes will report how it sounds accelerating down the straight ...update .... it is fairly quiet accelerating out of the corner ..sound character is lower pitched rorty sound with its PSE.. the non PSE car in front is almost silent!

Last edited by MKW; 09-25-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:24 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STG991
Cool.

Seeing how the turbos do in those high altitudes.

Hopefully the laptop didn't have an iPod connected to it with the 991.1 PSE soundtrack on it new PCM feature
LOL
Old 09-27-2015, 06:49 PM
DNorby
Racer

I just traded my 2011 Panamera base, new engine installed with 2 weeks left on the warranty by the dealer for a 2013 911S with sport exhaust (loud), sport chrono, sport plus, and so on. I had to write a check for $31k but I have 3.2 yrs of warranty (no warranty on the Panamera). It is a manual shift black on black. The value of the Panamera seems to be going fast. I think I made a good decision. The hold function is counterintuitive and I was stalled in traffic. I just read that I have to take my foot off the brake when it comes on. I have to look on the dash to see if the light comes on and take my foot off the brake. My only complaints about the 911 is the loud noise and the weird "hold" function. Otherwise, what a world of difference and hopefully it will retain some value.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:08 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DNorby
I just traded my 2011 Panamera base, new engine installed with 2 weeks left on the warranty by the dealer for a 2013 911S with sport exhaust (loud), sport chrono, sport plus, and so on. I had to write a check for $31k but I have 3.2 yrs of warranty (no warranty on the Panamera). It is a manual shift black on black. The value of the Panamera seems to be going fast. I think I made a good decision. The hold function is counterintuitive and I was stalled in traffic. I just read that I have to take my foot off the brake when it comes on. I have to look on the dash to see if the light comes on and take my foot off the brake. My only complaints about the 911 is the loud noise and the weird "hold" function. Otherwise, what a world of difference and hopefully it will retain some value.
I think that will be a keeper. It will be interesting. Like I was saying in the earlier post. The one I heard was not for me. But to each their own. I love the older car sound!

Quick Reply: Saw the new 991s today with Porsches engineers