Sponsored by:

Detailing Training @ Esoteric

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 01:48 AM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Detailing Training @ Esoteric

I just finished my detailing training that was conducted by Esoteric here in New Albany, OH. It is a condensed one day that cater for private individual who wants to work on their own car. They do offer a 2 days training but for detailing business company. It was an eye opener and I learned a lot from Dan and Zach. It was also nice to meet Todd who happened to stop by. The guys are great and showed me on how to properly and efficiently do a paint corrections. And they showed me different levels of paint corrections.

I do have some experience on detailing my own cars. I already have DA polishers; a Porter Cable and a Griots. This time I tried the Rupes LHR15 and it will be my main polisher from now on.

We started on hand washing to take off wax and contaminants using the 3 bucket method. The heated power washer is really nice and it will be no problem washing your car during winter time. Clayed the car after washing and before drying it off.

Forget to mention that we are working on my 2016 Guard Red GTS. Here are some pics during the paint correction process. They will install the Suntek full front paint protection and on the rear bottom panel on Monday and quartz coat the whole car afterwards. So the car will be seating inside their shop until my pickup day on Wednesday.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:00 PM
gusp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Are you in the Columbus area? I hope to see your GTS around town. I can't wait to get in to Esoteric for a good detail.

Questions re: the heated power washer:

1. Any other specs, like PSI, etc.? I imagine it's possible to do damage if it's too powerful?

2. Is it just used to rinse off the car prior to using a mitt with the 3-bucket method? Or does it spray soap?
Old 09-14-2015, 02:22 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Originally Posted by gusp
Nice! Are you in the Columbus area? I hope to see your GTS around town. I can't wait to get in to Esoteric for a good detail.

Questions re: the heated power washer:

1. Any other specs, like PSI, etc.? I imagine it's possible to do damage if it's too powerful?

2. Is it just used to rinse off the car prior to using a mitt with the 3-bucket method? Or does it spray soap?
I just asked for the price and if I remember it correctly, it is about more than 1K (maybe around 2K, it when over my head when I heard the price). I asked the same question about damaging the paint. Their answer is quite simple but logical. Test to check the pressure using your hand, it it hurts then move it further away. Just don't put the nozzle an inch from the body. 6" or more will be fine.

They use it just like a normal water hose. Before and after soap/mitt. They didn't use it for spray soap. I asked about the foam soap and they didn't use it in my case. If you often wash your car, you don't need it was their answer. "It will help in breaking down extra dirt from the body", as I remember was the answer when I asked them about using the foam.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:28 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Originally Posted by gusp
Yup, suburb of Columbus. Same here, hope to see you around. Have you tried Esoteric before?

Quick Reply: Detailing Training @ Esoteric