Sponsored by:

Best Door Anti-Ding Door/Fender Protector

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 01:06 PM
worldattorney
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Door Anti-Ding Door/Fender Protector

I'm picking up my new 991 in two weeks in Germany. I had planned to buy DoorShox to protect the doors when parking in public lots. Just read that my doors are made of aluminum so magnets won't adhere.

Any suggestions for something I can travel with and then stick-on the doors to save them from nicks/dings?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2015, 05:31 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Getting my front half and doors clear bra'd when the car gets here. Hoping that will add a little protection from parking lot miscreants. Seems the most realistic and convenient option in addition to being very careful about the space you choose. Glad to walk 50 yards if I can be away from other cars.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Koriel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
Glad to walk 50 yards if I can be away from other cars.
I've had my Porsche for a month and I've discovered, no matter where I park, someone will always park next to me.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:04 PM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1000 miles on mine. I always park away from everybody else. I just found a dent in my passenger door today..
Pisses me off...
Old 09-13-2015, 12:55 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Many times people unfortunately are just jealous! And I think some would open their POS car door into your door on purpose.

Hate to say it but parking smart is most of it. Having a trip sitter in the car when I go into a store solves it all. My fiancé is a great 911 ding, scratch guard protector! Its really sad that people have no respect for others people things. Or the lazy snore laxes that won't put their cart away in store parking lot. So it can roll into your car.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:53 AM
worldattorney
Instructor

Originally Posted by Koriel
I've had my Porsche for a month and I've discovered, no matter where I park, someone will always park next to me.
Originally Posted by Mlbraptor
1000 miles on mine. I always park away from everybody else. I just found a dent in my passenger door today..
Pisses me off...
Originally Posted by stratocaster69
Many times people unfortunately are just jealous! And I think some would open their POS car door into your door on purpose.

Hate to say it but parking smart is most of it. Having a trip sitter in the car when I go into a store solves it all. My fiancé is a great 911 ding, scratch guard protector! Its really sad that people have no respect for others people things. Or the lazy snore laxes that won't put their cart away in store parking lot. So it can roll into your car.
I always park as far away from everyone as possible but 'they' ALWAYS will get that ding in...few care, even less are careful around other's property, and yes, some do it completely on purpose, I am sure.

I'm going to be in Milan during the World Expo and in parts of Germany during Oktoberfest so my usual parking far away is probably not going to happen. I'm hoping to get the car back to the U.S. and pick it up at the dealer ding-free hence.

I know I'm dreaming...but I'm still going to try
Old 09-13-2015, 02:02 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by worldattorney
I always park as far away from everyone as possible but 'they' ALWAYS will get that ding in...few care, even less are careful around other's property, and yes, some do it completely on purpose, I am sure.

I'm going to be in Milan during the World Expo and in parts of Germany during Oktoberfest so my usual parking far away is probably not going to happen. I'm hoping to get the car back to the U.S. and pick it up at the dealer ding-free hence.

I know I'm dreaming...but I'm still going to try
Good Luck Albert! I don't care what I park next too. If its a rat trap, doesn't matter. I am still courteous of others property and I am sure you are too.

I had a brand new pick up and hadn't even got home yet, decided to make a quick trip to the store. I come out and there is a weird purple paint that I have never seen before and a ding on the side of my truck. I look over and one empty slot over is that weird purple colored car at just the right height to nail me. I know what they did, came in and got me and than just pulled one stall over. But they left paint on me so I knew.

So I waited and this man and this woman come out and they see me watching the doors and waiting. He did a dead stop and than looked down and started to walk again. I for sure knew at that point. Man did I rip into them. Asked them how they would like it if I kicked their door in. Just pisses me off.

Last thing as others have mentioned. They park way out and will make the walk to protect their property, they come out, and someone is parked right next to them. People do that to mess with a person too. Jealousy is a remarkable thing. A pack of wolves would almost treat you better at times! lol
Old 09-13-2015, 10:40 AM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^
I am so **** about keeping my stuff nice ; that it pretty much ruins the pleasure of having a nice car.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:35 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mlbraptor
^^^^
I am so **** about keeping my stuff nice ; that it pretty much ruins the pleasure of having a nice car.
I am too and you are right. Can't enjoy it sometimes because of the worry of some idiot!
Old 09-13-2015, 12:59 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Koriel
if there is a rust bucket parked in an isolated distant space at the Home Depot ...no one will go near it ...for fear a penniless drug addict is lurking in the driver's seat

if you park a brand new Porsche in an isolated distant space at the Home Depot , said penniless drug addict will " start 'er up " and sidle up next to it while you are inside shopping ....guaranteed !

( if not that , then for sure a riced-out Subie WRX with a 10 inch diam exhaust tip dragging on the ground )
Old 09-13-2015, 01:07 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Yes people are F%^ked up. Thats why I love animals so much! Some people are very genuine. But some are the worst. They do that crap to mess with you or me. I have had it happen too. Honestly it's sad to say, but if I go to a store with a big lot, I always have a trip sitter in the passenger seat watching. I would love to take it to Home Depot or somewhere and go inside for an hour and browse, but no way! I have been bit more than once.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:43 PM
worldattorney
Instructor

Ok, so now that we are all in agreement that everyone is out to get us with their doors or their keys...what products out there will work on my 991 aluminum doors?
Old 09-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Albert, the answer might just be prevention/avoidance with follow up ding repair guys and touch up.

For me, I generally just drive the car and rarely use it for errands. As such, I almost never park at a grocery store or a Home Depot or the like.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:22 PM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

clearbra and paintless dent repair....

If you have a great technician, it is unbelievable what they can fix!
Old 09-13-2015, 05:00 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would be much more concerned about driving around without clearbra in Germany than having something stuck on your doors when you park. At autobahn speeds and such a low hood height, you'd get peppered by gravel and pebbles. Get your car wrapped in Germany.

Quick Reply: Best Door Anti-Ding Door/Fender Protector