Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doing a bra/wrap? What type, dealer or other? Installer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 12:00 AM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
We had full front plus leading edge of the roof, A pillars, rocker panels, small strip behind rear wheels, and leading edge of side air intakes plus mirrors.

I've also heard doing the wing is a good idea to protect from road debris but we haven't done it and are not sure we will.
That's a killer package right there. The wing is not a bad idea either, we often install about a one inch strip on the leading edge.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:55 PM
Right On Targa
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used towne Porsche in Englewood. Their guy is a licensed xpel installer and has been doing it for 14 years. Great guy. Call Jonathan W at Towne.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:07 PM
DrFreeze
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I ended up meeting Phil at Detailers Domain. All around great guy with knowledge and passion for what he does. He has done a few gt4s before getting to mine and needless to say, he did an excellent job with an Expel wrap for me. If you are in the north jersey vicinity, there is no need to think twice about where to take your car.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:03 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TimAD
$2200 is about right for a dealer front end clear bra package. I know that Metropolitan Detail does all the clear bra installs for Porsche Bellevue. Being in the industry I can personally vouch that these guys truly are the best of the best, If I were to purchase a new car I would be taking it directly to them. Pricing is on the higher side of retail but not ridiculous. Sure you'll find installers doing full fronts for $1200-1400 and it'll look fine, but its the small things that make a good install look great. Such as removing the headlights, wrapping the edges, custom wrapping the gas cap cover. All these little things I guarantee you won't find in the $1300 jobs. Our Front end package is $1895 retail, and dealerships sell for not much above it. Long story short you do get what you pay for, and every market is different. But Metropolitan detail is the real deal if your located in the greater NorthWest area.
I would have to agree the guys over at Metropolitan are extremely good at what they do. At the end of the day you have to feel comfortable with person you are dealing with, is that person going to educate you on the product, back the product, service the product? Are they going to take your calls and fix the problems or questions you have?
tel: 201-233-0003
Promo code is rennlist for 10% off anything on the site
Current Sales and Updates
Old 10-17-2015, 11:03 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DrFreeze
So I ended up meeting Phil at Detailers Domain. All around great guy with knowledge and passion for what he does. He has done a few gt4s before getting to mine and needless to say, he did an excellent job with an Expel wrap for me. If you are in the north jersey vicinity, there is no need to think twice about where to take your car.
Dr. thank you for the feedback I appreciate it.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:06 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here is an M3 we recently did for a customer - Xpel Ultimate and a Nano Coating.

Click here for the article.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:47 AM
Gil J Walker
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess better late then never but i live about 4 blocks from that dealership they told me the same thing.
https://www.groupon.com/biz/bellevue...window-tinting
these guys will do a good job.

around $500 for the front half i think the groupon is $200 for the bumper area.

Quick Reply: Doing a bra/wrap? What type, dealer or other? Installer?