Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doing a bra/wrap? What type, dealer or other? Installer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 01:57 AM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$2200 is about right for a dealer front end clear bra package. I know that Metropolitan Detail does all the clear bra installs for Porsche Bellevue. Being in the industry I can personally vouch that these guys truly are the best of the best, If I were to purchase a new car I would be taking it directly to them. Pricing is on the higher side of retail but not ridiculous. Sure you'll find installers doing full fronts for $1200-1400 and it'll look fine, but its the small things that make a good install look great. Such as removing the headlights, wrapping the edges, custom wrapping the gas cap cover. All these little things I guarantee you won't find in the $1300 jobs. Our Front end package is $1895 retail, and dealerships sell for not much above it. Long story short you do get what you pay for, and every market is different. But Metropolitan detail is the real deal if your located in the greater NorthWest area.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:51 AM
bshah1976
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Suntek...I did full hood, full fenders, full front bumper and side rockers to rear wheel. $1600
Awesome job (first time had some hack job). Also, I did opti-coat before as well and same place is re-applying opti-coat over the clear (no charge).

My 911 is WHITE and WOW, does it look awesome with the opti-coat and it is sooooooo smooth.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:08 PM
Super_K
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Already booked at Metropolitan Detail..

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Super_K
Rennlist Member

Oh, and I should add that I'm leaning towards their full-front package; bumper, fenders, full hood, and mirrors (and door edges).

I'm also considering the fronts of the rear wheel wells. I'm on the fence about the rockers.

I'm also thinking about whether i should do the whole doors or not. I'm mostly concerned about door dings in parking lots. I'll be driving this car to work and parking it in lots frequently. My Cayenne had one door ding which broke the paint and a couple of other small dings that didn't. That was over the last three years. Would doing the doors prevent that kind of thing?

Also, I was thinking instead of doing the whole rear just doing the outer facing edge of the rear wheel wells to where the corner breaks as i would think that's where doors are likely to strike the rear half of the car in a lot.. maybe just do the metal body portion at that...

Overkill?

Old 09-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Right On Targa
7th Gear

I did the entire car. Why? Because I'm neurotic, and a scratch on the door or trunk bothers me just as much as anywhere else. In sure in a year I won't care as much- but right now I'd buy a bubble to drive in if I could
Old 09-17-2015, 01:21 PM
Super_K
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Right On Targa
I did the entire car. Why? Because I'm neurotic, and a scratch on the door or trunk bothers me just as much as anywhere else. In sure in a year I won't care as much- but right now I'd buy a bubble to drive in if I could
Lol.. my prob with whole car is that it was quoted as like 8-9K. I'm not so worried about the car being driven normally and wearing normally but more just major rock chips and particularly door dings. I've been staring at that broken paint chip for like a year and hating it every time and the effer who caused it.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,190 Likes on 715 Posts

That is a good question as to whether a clear bra would prevent a door ding. Guess it depends on how hard you were hit. Would definitely prevent a scratch.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:56 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 428 Likes on 278 Posts

I have my whole car done except the spoiler/engine cover and love it. In fact I am thinking about doing the last few parts so I don't have to be so paranoid when I wash her.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:54 PM
DrFreeze
AutoX

any suggestions for where to get it done in NJ/NYC?
Old 09-21-2015, 10:57 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DrFreeze
any suggestions for where to get it done in NJ/NYC?
DetailersDomain in NJ is the best around. Give Phil a call let him know I sent ya!
Old 09-21-2015, 11:03 PM
DrFreeze
AutoX

Originally Posted by TimAD
DetailersDomain in NJ is the best around. Give Phil a call let him know I sent ya!
Thanks Tim will do. Just got delivery of my GT4; from what I'm reading, if i plan to really drive it, getting a wrap is a good idea. Any thoughts?
Old 09-21-2015, 11:06 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DrFreeze
Thanks Tim will do. Just got delivery of my GT4; from what I'm reading, if i plan to really drive it, getting a wrap is a good idea. Any thoughts?
It's a necessity really, especially if your planning on getting some real seat time in. We have clients come to us after 1,000 miles or so wishing they would have done it sooner. As far as coverage goes you really can't overdue it, some people like the extra peace of mind of full body wraps, but we recommend full front end and rocker panels at a minimum as these areas get hit with all types of road debris.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:12 PM
DrFreeze
AutoX

Thanks for the suggestion; will give phil a call.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:26 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

dr freeze let us know how we can help, we have done 3 GT4's and have a few more coming in.
tel: 201-233-0003
Promo code is rennlist for 10% off anything on the site
Current Sales and Updates
Old 09-21-2015, 11:30 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,442 Likes on 621 Posts

We had full front plus leading edge of the roof, A pillars, rocker panels, small strip behind rear wheels, and leading edge of side air intakes plus mirrors.

I've also heard doing the wing is a good idea to protect from road debris but we haven't done it and are not sure we will.

Quick Reply: Doing a bra/wrap? What type, dealer or other? Installer?