Need advice RE: peculiar circumstance

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 11:54 PM
Porschephilliac
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice RE: peculiar circumstance

Good evening folks!

I hope you can help me with an interesting development regarding my order. I placed an order for C2S Cab in July, and was told by the dealer that it was allocated with build date of 9/7 and delivery date of 10/12.

Today when I called to check on the status, the SA mentioned that the order was in the system, and that they hadn't received an allocation for it yet (he mentioned their allocations come in the first 10 days of the month). Does this jive? Is it possible to get a build/delivery date without an allocation?

I'm just thinking of finding a similar build at another dealer and getting a dealer trade rather waiting for an allocation/build at this juncture.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Old 09-09-2015, 12:38 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through some weirdness but really just chalked it up to poor communication. My dealer knew my car wouldn't arrive until late 2015, but was pretty quiet about specifics.

I made deposit in June. No news for weeks. Finally got the full story last week. They didn't have an actual GTS allocation but put me in the system. Allocation came months later (Sept) with a 12/11 delivery.

So I could feel angry with antics, they sold me a car they didn't really have, and I could be annoyed that no one was clear they DO NOT have an allocation while taking my deposit. But really... The car will come late 2015 as promised. And like my deal + local dealer.

I guess Regan said it best... Trust but verify
Old 09-09-2015, 12:40 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh... Re reading, I see they told you 10/12 delivery? That's in 4 weeks. If car ain't on boat, not sure will happen. would feel a little annoyed
Old 09-09-2015, 08:54 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by c_Gio
They didn't have an actual GTS allocation but put me in the system. Allocation came months later (Sept) with a 12/11 delivery.
That's actually quite common and the "right" way for your dealer to get you a car asap. If they don't have a specific allocation, the best way to get one is to have a customer order in the system. Porsche will allocate first against those orders. Obviously, communication is key though.

Originally Posted by Porschephilliac
I placed an order for C2S Cab in July, and was told by the dealer that it was allocated with build date of 9/7 and delivery date of 10/12.
If the dealer told you the order was "allocated" and gave you a "build date" and a "delivery date", then something is very fishy indeed. They either lied to you (with an awful lot of specifics), were de-allocated (I've NEVER heard of that), or they gave your allocation to someone else. I'd get whatever documentation you've got and have a sit-down with the GM.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Porschephilliac
Intermediate

If the dealer told you the order was "allocated" and gave you a "build date" and a "delivery date", then something is very fishy indeed. They either lied to you (with an awful lot of specifics), were de-allocated (I've NEVER heard of that), or they gave your allocation to someone else. I'd get whatever documentation you've got and have a sit-down with the GM.[/QUOTE]

That was my suspicion too. Going to call the GM this AM. Thanks for the advice!
Old 09-09-2015, 11:16 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porschephilliac
That was my suspicion too. Going to call the GM this AM. Thanks for the advice!
Good luck. Keep us posted on what you learn.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:22 AM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was under the impression the only way to know for sure you have a firm build slot is to get a "commission number". Is that not the case?
Old 09-09-2015, 11:51 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LCW
I was under the impression the only way to know for sure you have a firm build slot is to get a "commission number". Is that not the case?
The allocation comes first. An allocated order has initial build and delivery dates (plus a whole bunch of other dates). When an allocated order "locks" (the point in the process when no further changes can be made), all the dates are updated and a commission number is generated. I hope that makes sense.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:59 AM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it does - thank you
Old 09-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Porschephilliac
Intermediate

Default Update

So I spoke with the GM this AM, and 5 minutes later got a call from my SA to inform me that an error was made when looking into the system. This was followed by the dates to enter the body shop, etc. and looks like we're on schedule for arrival as originally expected (heart attack has resolved).

With that said, thanks a million again for the suggestions and info. It's been unbelievable how helpful this forum has been so far, and I'm not even in possession of the damn ride yet. Next step, start looking at selling the C63.

Have a great week everyone.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:01 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Excellent news. Congrats and good luck thru the final countdown!
Old 09-09-2015, 01:57 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice to know that everything works out right. Most probably your car is on the port ready to be loaded or already on the way here. Now the real wait starts.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:28 AM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

here are all the dates for my order to use as a timeline. mine is a GTS coupe MY16

- Vehicle in production 09/04
- Vehicle entry to body shop 09/18
- Vehicle exit production 09/18
- Entry to Emden port 09/25
- Exit Emden 10/09
- Entry to port of San Diego 11/06
- Transport to dealership 11/20

Quick Reply: Need advice RE: peculiar circumstance