One thing I don't like:

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 02:31 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by sracer
knew that would get your attention...
the wind buffeting when you have windows down...really, that couldn't have been engineered out? When someone is selling a little piece of metal that claims to fix it!
If you have a sunroof, just crack it open on tilt and your problem will disappear.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:37 PM
gthal
Pro

Received 539 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim M.
While that little piece of carbon fiber or aluminum may resolve the buffeting problem; what does it do to the overall aerodynamic number. Porsche did a lot of wind tunnel testing of the 991 design and I'm confident they were aware of the buffeting. But their goal of a slick aerodynamic profile for fuel economy may have overruled any solution to eliminate the buffeting.
I'm not an engineer but I would expect that little piece of trim to make no noticeable difference in aero unless you are driving over 500mph. If anything, it would likely improve aero while driving with the windows open given the reduction in buffeting which, I imagine, creates drag.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:12 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Would it have been so hard , if the goal was maximal windows closed aero efficiency to engineer that triangular area to pop outward slightly once the windows are cracked open( throwing aero off anyway ), assuming they knew about the " ear thunder " issue ? After all, oem sunroofs have had a pop up buffeting reducer for decades.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:10 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and now ordering something else for the car...thank you for the post/link... even on back order I will wait. It is annoying and with plenty of good days in FL it is a necessity. Never mind on track days if I do take this thing out.

Quick Reply: One thing I don't like: