Sponsored by:

PDCC Bottle Replacement and AWD Controller Oil Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015 | 01:08 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Default PDCC Bottle Replacement and AWD Controller Oil Maintenance

Is anyone at the 60,000 mile mark yet?

Looking into future maintenance info for the PDCC bottle replacement and AWD Controller oil change.
Old 07-19-2018 | 08:01 PM
Z00mie
Racer

I'd be curious as well? Anyone change theirs yet? Condition of replaced fluid? Is it just gear oil? Porsche dealers want about $40 per container (don't know what size container) for AWD fluid.
Old 07-19-2018 | 08:11 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z00mie
I'd be curious as well? Anyone change theirs yet? Condition of replaced fluid? Is it just gear oil? Porsche dealers want about $40 per container (don't know what size container) for AWD fluid.

I know I won't change that PDCC bottle out again.

It's a PITA to get to and when the tech removed the bottle, the tool they used messed up the hard tubing so it needed to be replaced.

It had to come from the mother land so it took a few days to get my car back.

I'll only screw around with the PDCC system again if it starts to leak.
Old 07-20-2018 | 10:38 AM
Z00mie
Racer

Good to know. Thank you!
I did stir a bit in the manual for the type and quantity of fluid for the AWD controller. Do you have that data? I didn't see much in searching here either?
Old 07-20-2018 | 05:09 PM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
I know I won't change that PDCC bottle out again.

It's a PITA to get to and when the tech removed the bottle, the tool they used messed up the hard tubing so it needed to be replaced.

It had to come from the mother land so it took a few days to get my car back.

I'll only screw around with the PDCC system again if it starts to leak.
Why would the system leak (other than from damage)? Is there provision for a simple replacement of the fluid/oil that doesn't involve bottle replacement? I could see replacing the oil if it failed analysis, but otherwise, why bother?
Old 07-21-2018 | 11:21 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aCayenneFan
Why would the system leak (other than from damage)? Is there provision for a simple replacement of the fluid/oil that doesn't involve bottle replacement? I could see replacing the oil if it failed analysis, but otherwise, why bother?
I bet it's on a replacement schedule because it sits on top the motor in a very hot environment.

I think the PDCC fluid is just power steering fluid.
Old 10-10-2018 | 01:01 PM
aft86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aCayenneFan
From what I have read, the reservoir has a filter integrated into the the bottle itself and the only way to .change that filter is to replace the reservoir. This filter needs replacing every 60k/6yrs.

I have a 14' TTS - just shy of 60k mi. and a couple of weeks ago, while changing the plugs & coils and the drive belt, I checked the pump and reservoir. Besides clamping down the correct hoses and being careful of liquids, it doesn't look like an impossible job to pull the pump and change out the bottle. I didn't do it since it is not leaking nor am I having problems with it, but for $140 (the cost of the reservoir) it isn't bad preventive maintenance.
Old 02-04-2021 | 09:38 PM
Fr3nch
Instructor

Did anyone figure out a part number for the AWD controller fluid? Ive found the part numbers for the 997 C4S and the 991 Turbo (they are different), but Im not sure which one the 991 C4S uses.

Last edited by Fr3nch; 02-04-2021 at 09:44 PM.

Quick Reply: PDCC Bottle Replacement and AWD Controller Oil Maintenance