Sponsored by:

$25 parade lap of Laguna Seca at RSR-V

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 12:18 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
I had a great time last year on the second Saturday of Porsche Parade. I was in the group that toured Canepa in the morning and then did "Parade Laps" at LS just before lunch. Except for bunching in a couple areas, I was going pretty much as fast as I cared to go. In fact, I was thinking something along the lines of "I can't believe I get to do this."

On the downside, I guess I shouldn't be expecting a repeat of those half dozen laps. On the bright side I won't have to worry about the setup of my 993.

i suspect this single RRV lap will be more like a " 4th of July " kiddie parade ...nothing like your spaced apart 6 lap experience via the Canepa tour at Porsche Parade last summer...the bright side is it makes for a better photo/video opportunity for my buddy to share with his friends or family !
Old 08-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
i suspect this single RRV lap will be more like a " 4th of July " kiddie parade ...nothing like your spaced apart 6 lap experience via the Canepa tour at Porsche Parade last summer...the bright side is it makes for a better photo/video opportunity for my buddy to share with his friends or family !
+1 with 100 cars on track ...
Old 08-19-2015, 02:23 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
OMG you guys actually want to do this? Do you know what's involved? Sitting in your car an hour lining up to go on track, then sitting on the track another half an hour, during which you will do a lap which in every respect other than scenery feels exactly like being stuck in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic. Except at least in traffic you're allowed to pass! This is worse! I came this close to getting sucked into the madness myself, but watching from trackside I was so glad I took a pass.

Oh, and the worst part? On top of everything else you will be sitting there on the track, not moving for minutes at a time, not even able to do anything more than ride your brakes down the corkscrew at 3mph (if that), all the while thinking over and over again, $%^&^%$$@ chuck911 was right, %^&$#^&&!!!!
Nice one Chuck. No I am not selling you my ticket.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I wonder if they refunded me the $25 for the ticket I bought "illegally" the day of the email announcement?
Old 09-24-2015, 02:06 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

arrrrgh ...just realized that the pre-staging and parade lap on Saturday occurs the same hour , 11:30 - 12:30 , as the presentation in the PCA member tent of the new 991.2 by development chiefs August Achleitner, Thomas Krickelberg and Andreas Preuninger !
Old 09-24-2015, 01:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MKW
arrrrgh ...just realized that the pre-staging and parade lap on Saturday occurs the same hour , 11:30 - 12:30 , as the presentation in the PCA member tent of the new 991.2 by development chiefs August Achleitner, Thomas Krickelberg and Andreas Preuninger !
interesting - I didnt know about that! - thanks

Quick Reply: $25 parade lap of Laguna Seca at RSR-V