Perfect timing

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 01:15 AM
pfan
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Perfect timing

As they say, timing is everything.

After enjoying a beautiful afternoon here in So. Calif and a cup of coffee at a nearby Sbux, I hop in the car to head home. Or so I thought. It begins with the dreaded long crank, which has thankfully been dormant for over a year now. In fact, just the other day I was thinking that those issues had miraculously disappeared. It eventually starts and I tell myself that I really should have it looked at, knowing full well I'll be told everything checks out fine, no codes, could not duplicate. Off I go, only to have it stall and restart after less than 100 feet. I've seen this movie before, and the last time I was lucky to get home. Happens several more times within the next 1/4 mile, so I'm basically dead in the water.

Cue the perfect timing tape. I'm within 100 yards of my dealer! Time to invest in some lottery tickets! I pull in just before closing time. am promptly met by my SA (the best SA I've ever dealt with - Jason S.), and to my amazement the car does the long crank and stalls with him behind the wheel. Who could ask for anything more in regards to a service issue? (I probably shouldn't get excited about this, because unless codes are thrown it basically never happened, even if the SA saw it with his own eyes).

I suspect I'll get the crankshaft sensor shim which seems to have worked for most people.

Base Cayman loaner is pretty fun, except they forgot to include any torque. Must be an option.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Base boxster is even more torque less! Good luck with repair.

Quick Reply: Perfect timing