Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck in the paint shop. The second guessing starts...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 02:49 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 304 Likes on 173 Posts
Default Stuck in the paint shop. The second guessing starts...

So I went into my regional dealership to check on the status of my GTS order. My SA had told me it was to be built the first week of Aug before the factory closed for 2 weeks. I knew it was too good to be true. The car entered the paint shop on 7/31 and is scheduled to leave same shop the first week of September! It sounds like they just stop production of whatever is going on and shut the doors. I thought it kind of surprising they don't finish the batch that they are working on. Oh well, extra time for the paint to cure. While I was there I sat in an 18 way sport seat which i had previously liked and thought, boy the side bolsters are a little constricting. I'm wondering if anyone else finds this to be the case. I wanted the Alcantara centers though so the 14 ways were out. I was however really happy w the Carmine Red, seeing it on a couple of Panameras where I think
the option is free.
Jim
Old 08-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,762 Likes on 692 Posts

Are you sure the 18 way seats and the bolster settings were as wide/soft as possible at the dealer? That made a huge difference for me when I was debating which seat to go with. In all of my seat time I found the 18 ways to be much more comfortable, the 14 way seats jab me in the shoulders in a way that I could never imagine getting comfortable with.

Sorry you have to wait longer than expected. My wait is close to over and I know how much it sucks!

Are you sure Carmine Red is a standard color for the Panamera? I was under the impression that it was a new color released for the GTS.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:25 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 304 Likes on 173 Posts

Hi Jeff. Thanks for the reply. Maybe I was not adjusting it correctly to 'open' the bolsters. I was not sure if they are adjustable for width. I'm about 6'2" and 200lbs. I thought about just the stock sport seats, but they looked to have a paucity of settings especially for lumbar. Looking forward to hearing a formal report on your car!
J
Old 08-06-2015, 03:37 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some car seats are best for those suffering from a condition called Noassatol. I definitely do not suffer from this condition, but find the 18 ways comfy. You probably just need to play with the settings, as was suggested above.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

There are two settings to adjust the bolster, one for the upper and one for the lower. It took me a while to figure it out in the dealership but after some adjustments I found the 18 ways much more comfortable.

I just dropped off my clear LED side marker lights and SmartTop (Targa) control module with the dealership. I hope they get the car in the next few days and then turn it around quickly.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:19 PM
sezme
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Hi Jeff. Thanks for the reply. Maybe I was not adjusting it correctly to 'open' the bolsters. I was not sure if they are adjustable for width. I'm about 6'2" and 200lbs. I thought about just the stock sport seats, but they looked to have a paucity of settings especially for lumbar. Looking forward to hearing a formal report on your car!
J
I'm a big guy at 6' 235 lbs and just took delivery of my '16 GTS with the 18 way seats. I LOVE them and if given the chance - would never change my order.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
Are you sure the 18 way seats and the bolster settings were as wide/soft as possible at the dealer? That made a huge difference for me when I was debating which seat to go with. In all of my seat time I found the 18 ways to be much more comfortable, the 14 way seats jab me in the shoulders in a way that I could never imagine getting comfortable with.
+1

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
Are you sure Carmine Red is a standard color for the Panamera? I was under the impression that it was a new color released for the GTS.
I always thought it was a GTS only color
Old 08-08-2015, 12:31 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Just has a look-see at the configurer... Carmine avail on Panamara for the extra $3k
Old 08-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

I checked there as well and just forgot to report back. Seems odd that you can get Carmine Red on the Panamara but you can't get it on any other model. At least not in the configurator. Oh well, nothing stays truly exclusive with Porsche for more than a year or so anyway. Eventually if you give them enough money you can get whatever you want

Quick Reply: Stuck in the paint shop. The second guessing starts...