Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which 991 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:30 AM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

So they are Cabs? I would go w the 1st one as it has the platinum gray interior which is cooler in the sunlight/heat! As said above, Sport Chrono is only really necessary on a PDK car. If your driving experience won't be in heavy traffic often, go with the MT. The PSE will sound really awesome too w the top down!

Is the price high? Well the asking price is asking price! I would offer $82-84k and see where it goes. Every 911 I have owned had some little "compromise" about it. After you own it and DRIVE it, none of that seems to matter any more. You can do a few mods and make it "your's"! GL

Last edited by RobC4sX51; 07-29-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:06 PM
Blanko
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
So they are Cabs? I would go w the 1st one as it has the platinum gray interior which is cooler in the sunlight/heat! As said above, Sport Chrono is only really necessary on a PDK car. If your driving experience won't be in heavy traffic often, go with the MT. The PSE will sound really awesome too w the top down!

Is the price high? Well the asking price is asking price! I would offer $82-84k and see where it goes. Every 911 I have owned had some little "compromise" about it. After you own it and DRIVE it, none of that seems to matter any more. You can do a few mods and make it "your's"! GL
I think asking for $85k is about right. Lease residual on this is $83-84 at a guess based on those residual tables

Will see what happens.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:00 PM
twlai
Instructor

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Nobody can answer this but you, because only you know what options are more important to you. All those options are a matter of opinion.

Are these lease returns? Those are both low optioned cars, assuming those are the only high dollar options on the car.
very true.
but for me, it is #1!!!
long live Manual!!!!
Old 07-29-2015, 01:17 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,866 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
Always so kind and helpful. Hashtag passive aggressive, angry and unhappy. Lol
Actually, I was being dead literal and serious. There are certainly lots of pretty cars out there with very cool wheels that would be cheaper to buy and own than a 911. The reason to buy a 911, IMO, is for the performance and driving experience. Buying a 911 solely on looks is wacky to me, but of course, it's his money.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:31 PM
Blanko
Track Day

Actually, I was being dead literal and serious. There are certainly lots of pretty cars out there with very cool wheels that would be cheaper to buy and own than a 911. The reason to buy a 911, IMO, is for the performance and driving experience. Buying a 911 solely on looks is wacky to me, but of course, it's his money.
Really you think tha? The performance and driving experience is a given. It's a Porsche.

I'm specifically talking about options which include color and wheels. My decision is made on external options and have narrowed choice to two cars with the options I had given in initial post.

And btw your posts do come across a little rasty even if you don't mean it.

You should assume anyone buying a Porsche is doing it for a little more than pretty wheels and color. At least give me that benefit of doubt........
Old 07-29-2015, 01:36 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Blanko
Really you think tha? The performance and driving experience is a given. It's a Porsche.

I'm specifically talking about options which include color and wheels. My decision is made on external options and have narrowed choice to two cars with the options I had given in initial post.

And btw your posts do come across a little rasty even if you don't mean it.

You should assume anyone buying a Porsche is doing it for a little more than pretty wheels and color. At least give me that benefit of doubt........
I was responding to your statement that read "I just like the outside styling and color- especially the wheels. The options don't mean much to me."

I guess I interpreted that statement wrong.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:46 PM
Blanko
Track Day

I was responding to your statement that read "I just like the outside styling and color- especially the wheels. The options don't mean much to me."

I guess I interpreted that statement wrong.
NP. I probably didn't dcoksin it very well. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Blanko
Track Day

Explain it
Old 07-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Blanko
Track Day

Offered $84 for #1. He said the $89 price was set in granite. It was basically a wholesale price (whatever that is) and they were losing money.

No matter of talk would make him move.
I thanked him and left.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Offered $84 for #1. He said the $89 price was set in granite. It was basically a wholesale price (whatever that is) and they were losing money.
Did you laugh out loud when he said this? What a load of nonsense. I just paid $96k for a brand new 2014 C2S with a sticker of $122k. Funny thing is, four months ago I made an offer of $103k on a leftover 2014 that stickered for $125k at a local dealer and I got the same old 'oh no way, that's below our cost, we can't sell at a loss, blah, blah'. That car is still sitting on the dealers lot and now they're asking $105k for it. As are the 4 other 2014's they still have on the lot from that day, all being discounted heavily at this point.

A lightly optioned '13 for $89k is ridiculous.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Blanko
Track Day

Did you laugh out loud when he said this? What a load of nonsense. I just paid $96k for a brand new 2014 C2S with a sticker of $122k. Funny thing is, four months ago I made an offer of $103k on a leftover 2014 that stickered for $125k at a local dealer and I got the same old 'oh no way, that's below our cost, we can't sell at a loss, blah, blah'. That car is still sitting on the dealers lot and now they're asking $105k for it. As are the 4 other 2014's they still have on the lot from that day, all being discounted heavily at this point.

A lightly optioned '13 for $89k is ridiculous.
I did laugh at your comments. Thanks. I'm going to let him fester. I knew all he was telling me was nonsense. Sticker on the car was $113.

Onward and upward. I will have one of these within a week.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:05 AM
Blanko
Track Day

I did laugh at your comments. Thanks. I'm going to let him fester. I knew all he was telling me was nonsense. Sticker on the car was $113.

Onward and upward. I will have one of these within a week.
In my driveway -----

Deal done : '13 CS2
Old 08-01-2015, 06:23 AM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

congrats son!
Old 08-03-2015, 07:24 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, enjoy it in good health!