991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 "undisguised"

Old 07-16-2015, 02:51 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello. I am new to the forum. I never had a Porsche before, but I am finally coming around to getting one. I would like to place an order for a 991.2. What is the best way to secure one of the early production slots? Being new to Porsche, I don't have a relationship with any particular dealer.
Thank you in advance.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:59 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts
Default 991.2 "undisguised"

Originally Posted by blschaefer1
Is it me, or does the rear appear much 'taller' than the current 991?
Aesthetically it does because of the bumper design I'm sure. Not a good look in my opinion.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:18 PM
bugsbunny
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't like the back either. Looks more like a Cayman to me.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,422 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
Hello. I am new to the forum. I never had a Porsche before, but I am finally coming around to getting one. I would like to place an order for a 991.2. What is the best way to secure one of the early production slots? Being new to Porsche, I don't have a relationship with any particular dealer.
Thank you in advance.
pick a dealer, he will ask you for a deposit to hold your 'position' on his allocation list, you should probably charge it to a credit card, and provide a
written authorization for the charges that states that the deposit is refundable
and that the agreed price is MSRP or discount.

You might also want to specify a model Carrera or S ... and if you want to
specify the car yourself or accept one of his builds.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:03 PM
LCW
Pro

Thank you Larry - I suppose I will not get a commission number until the factory actually takes orders. So until then, I would only have a spot on the dealer's allocation list. How would I make sure I don't move down the dealer's list in favor of a repeat / established customer?
And yes, I would build the car with my exact specs.
Thank you for your help.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:08 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by LCW
Thank you Larry - I suppose I will not get a commission number until the factory actually takes orders. So until then, I would only have a spot on the dealer's allocation list. How would I make sure I don't move down the dealer's list in favor of a repeat / established customer?
Thank you for your help.
Out of curiosity, what about the 991.2 appeals to to you over, say the GTS that you can order now?
Old 07-16-2015, 04:20 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think this looks significantly more fluid with respect to design.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:20 PM
LCW
Pro

In short it is knowing that I have the newest thing. Of course, we still know little about the new car, but I would expect that every new Porsche model gets better than the previous. I would expect it to have better technology and be marginally faster. I suppose the PCM will be better and the steering wheel hopefully will accommodate both paddles and multifunction buttons. I love to drive and I have taken a lot of sports driving course, but I don't think the "turbo lag" that everyone is afraid about will be too noticeable to me as I am not that advanced of a driver. In terms of looks, yes there a couple of things that are odd - such as the vertical grill on the back, but like with anything our eyes and sense of aesthetics evolves with the times and we will love it in the end.
The other main reason is that it works for me in terms of timing. My current lease ends in December so I am hoping the gap of time till I receive the new one to be only a couple of months.
FYI I would be looking for a base Carrera.

thank you and all the best.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LCW
Thank you for your help.
sadly there is no way to ensure that, at least until the car appears in the internal ordering system and the dealer can enter your order into his system.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:30 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by LCW
In short it is knowing that I have the newest thing. Of course, we still know little about the new car, but I would expect that every new Porsche model gets better than the previous. I would expect it to have better technology and be marginally faster. I suppose the PCM will be better and the steering wheel hopefully will accommodate both paddles and multifunction buttons. I love to drive and I have taken a lot of sports driving course, but I don't think the "turbo lag" that everyone is afraid about will be too noticeable to me as I am not that advanced of a driver. In terms of looks, yes there a couple of things that are odd - such as the vertical grill on the back, but like with anything our eyes and sense of aesthetics evolves with the times and we will love it in the end.
The other main reason is that it works for me in terms of timing. My current lease ends in December so I am hoping the gap of time till I receive the new one to be only a couple of months.

What city are you located in?

The 991.2 will be announced in Sept., and I assume dealers orders will start soon after. Don't worry about it being hard to get one or having to wait for an allocation. They won't be hard to get. Might be a good idea to establish an initial relationship with a dealer now and not start from square one later.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:32 PM
LCW
Pro

Florida
Old 07-16-2015, 04:33 PM
LCW
Pro

Thank you both Larry and STG991 - by the way, I have been reading your posts for a few months now and find them very useful and entertaining !!
- Cheers
Old 07-16-2015, 05:31 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by LCW
Thank you both Larry and STG991 - by the way, I have been reading your posts for a few months now and find them very useful and entertaining !!
- Cheers
Anytime! I'm sure if you ask on here, you can get some good FL dealer references. Keep us posted and don't be a stranger.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG991
What city are you located in?

The 991.2 will be announced in Sept., and I assume dealers orders will start soon after. Don't worry about it being hard to get one or having to wait for an allocation. They won't be hard to get. Might be a good idea to establish an initial relationship with a dealer now and not start from square one later.
+1 as I recall with the GTS launch it was announced Sept and dealers had allocations in Oct ... I'd put a deposit down now to secure an early build "just in case"

Originally Posted by LCW
- Cheers
we are here to entertain and inform!
Old 07-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LCW

dont forget to post your build for RL approval and derision!

and think about doing European Delivery if the idea is attractive!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 "undisguised"