Sponsored by:

Chrono

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 10:22 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Jabs1542
I thought the Germans were just **** about time. I have FOUR clocks in the car, two on the Sports Chrono, one on the Radio/Nav unit, and one on the MFD. The only good thing about their implementation is that they all seem to slave off of a single master clock (unlike my buddy's Nismo, he gets a little whacky when his two clocks are out of sync, he dreads any battery work as a result).
I'd trade my car in if that were the case... OCD would force me to glance at each clock when the minute changes... unless the clocks are all in sync there is no way to have the same time and not have some sort of odd chain reaction for the 4 to play catch up.... no way. This makes me itch just thinking about it.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Elphilly
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I disabled the one clock next to the tach for this reason. Too much!
Old 06-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I'd trade my car in if that were the case... OCD would force me to glance at each clock when the minute changes... unless the clocks are all in sync there is no way to have the same time and not have some sort of odd chain reaction for the 4 to play catch up.... no way. This makes me itch just thinking about it.
To make it better, he's a rally guy and is always buggered up about the clocks.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:32 PM
whoddoo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Have had this instrument replaced 3 times due to the hands falling off the small clock and my SA advised it is a constant issue. They should replace but you never know.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:08 AM
GTOWN83
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

4 clocks as well.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,031 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by whoddoo
Have had this instrument replaced 3 times due to the hands falling off the small clock and my SA advised it is a constant issue. They should replace but you never know.
Did they actually replace it 3 times or try to repair it (by popping the hands back on)? If they replaced it and it keeps popping off, then the 'new' part seems to behave the same as the old.

Also, do you use the sport Chrono function? Mine popped off while I was playing with the timer.

My concern is that can start it rattling or they could mar the leather dash taking off the trim.

Decisions, decisions...
Old 06-11-2017, 01:08 PM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

I had mine replaced for the hands popping off...the replacement does not show the time on the analog section any longer. The second hand still sweeps.

Anyone know how to restore the correct functionality here?
Old 06-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by DerekS
I had mine replaced for the hands popping off...the replacement does not show the time on the analog section any longer. The second hand still sweeps.

Anyone know how to restore the correct functionality here?
Have you set it to show the time in the multi function display settings?

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...-Setting-units
Old 06-11-2017, 05:27 PM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
Have you set it to show the time in the multi function display settings?
Yep. It shows digital time and the analog time doesn't move.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:04 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Funny, in my Cayenne I have the dash clock....the main dial is minutes / hours and the little white dial is seconds. That fell off. In my 911, the minute hand fell off on the small clock on the bottom.

Porsche has a known issue for sure!
Old 06-12-2017, 11:10 AM
whoddoo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim
Did they actually replace it 3 times or try to repair it (by popping the hands back on)? If they replaced it and it keeps popping off, then the 'new' part seems to behave the same as the old.

Also, do you use the sport Chrono function? Mine popped off while I was playing with the timer.

My concern is that can start it rattling or they could mar the leather dash taking off the trim.

Decisions, decisions...
Yes, they actually replaced the clock each time. In fact the second time the clock they replaced it with had to be immediately replaced as I noticed the one hand had fallen off as I was driving away from the dealer. It is a known issue and they should replace it for you.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:04 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,031 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by whoddoo
Yes, they actually replaced the clock each time. In fact the second time the clock they replaced it with had to be immediately replaced as I noticed the one hand had fallen off as I was driving away from the dealer. It is a known issue and they should replace it for you.
That's not good.

Anyways, dealer hasn't let me know whether it will be covered out of warranty. Might just have to leave it alone.

Quick Reply: Chrono