Clearbra Recommended Install in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 11:43 PM
ezinternet
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Bodyskins in Chicago-area

I used Rick at Bodyskins for my 997, 993 and 964. Seven years later and still looking good. 3M material.

When he did my cars back then he started with the cut-kits and added material if needed.

I know there are also the free-form guys, although they only seemed to be in CA when I needed them, who just use rolls of material and a carefully wielded razor blade to custom fit everything.

http://www.bodyskins.com
Phone: (847) 530-8443
e-mail: info@bodyskins.com

PS - PM me if you want to see how they look and age on my car(s).
Old 07-02-2015, 12:06 PM
westloop
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budrichard
First, I would clear wrap the entire front end and not have a 'bra' as the demarcation line can be seen and it does not protect the entire hood.
Yes! wrap the entire front: whole hood, fenders, and mirrors. Designshielding was about $1300 for the whole thing with the edges wrapped.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:16 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by westloop
Yes! wrap the entire front: whole hood, fenders, and mirrors. Designshielding was about $1300 for the whole thing with the edges wrapped.
I also did the door handle pockets, redid the rear fender factory pieces with the Xpel since yes on a one year old car that lived in a garage all day before it got to me were already yellow from the factory. On my other cars I did the rockers and up into the door jamb at the bottom to protect from shoe hits from my wife but skipped it on the 911 since it seems a little better plus with the texture on the lower rocker on the S it did not make since to do the film.

Quick Reply: Clearbra Recommended Install in Chicago