Clear Bra for Orange County, California

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:50 PM
cocktoastin
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra for Orange County, California

All-

I'm picking my 4S cabriolet up on Sunday and I want to get clear bra. Does anyone have a positive or negative experience with a clear bra installer in Orange County, California?

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 06-13-2015, 12:12 AM
Jhoffmann
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cooper Boggs does many of the bras for PCA members. He does a great job and will take excellent care of your car. He has done the clear bras on my last 3 Porsches.
http://coopersclassycars.com
Old 06-13-2015, 12:15 AM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by cocktoastin
All-

I'm picking my 4S cabriolet up on Sunday and I want to get clear bra. Does anyone have a positive or negative experience with a clear bra installer in Orange County, California?

Thanks,

Andrew
Give Scott Kim a call at Advance Auto Engineering in Cerritos, CA. He does a fantastic job. I recommend the Xpel product.
http://www.AdvanceBra.com
Old 06-13-2015, 12:16 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

You're lucky enough to have the best PPF installer in the U.S. in your back yard. Not to mention one of the best in paint correction as well.

Look up Moe Mistry's work on the various boards. GT3, etc.. He's a member on here too.

Just do a Google search too. Highly acclaimed.

http://www.glisteningperfection.com/index.php
Old 06-13-2015, 01:41 AM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 93 Posts

+1 on moe Mistry at glistening perfection
Old 06-13-2015, 09:55 AM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 255 Posts

+1 on Cooper Boggs. He's in Tustin and did a full front on my 911-50.

DaveGee
Old 06-13-2015, 04:11 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had Jimmy Lucci do a paint correction for me and I couldn't be happier with the results. He can also install clear bras

http://www.luccielitedetail.com/index.html
https://instagram.com/lucci_elite_detail/
Old 06-17-2015, 10:47 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

All-

Thanks,

Andrew
As STG991 said, you are in luck as we have many installers in the area that do great work! If you have any questions about an installer please let us know, via reply or PM.

If you are interested in going with XPEL paint protection film, you can find a list of local installers: HERE

Old 06-17-2015, 05:23 PM
Taiwanese
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

For those of you who have got it done, how much did you pay?
Old 06-18-2015, 12:26 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,765 Likes on 4,768 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
You're lucky enough to have the best PPF installer in the U.S. in your back yard. Not to mention one of the best in paint correction as well.

Look up Moe Mistry's work on the various boards. GT3, etc.. He's a member on here too.

Just do a Google search too. Highly acclaimed.

http://www.glisteningperfection.com/index.php
Moe is great. No doubt.

But there is a point of diminishing returns with every extra $ you pay an installer to install PPF.

Just something to think about when considering installers, and more importantly, their prices.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:30 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Moe is great. No doubt.

But there is a point of diminishing returns with every extra $ you pay an installer to install PPF.

Just something to think about when considering installers, and more importantly, their prices.
There's definitely some great installers out there. I don't live in CA, but know Moe is a sure thing. I've read his posts and haven't seen anyone do such obsessive and compulsive work like he does. There's no need always to do a full car for the most expensive package.

I'm someone who would rather have it done right the first time. I've seen the alternative. ****ty work, razor blade cuts into the paint, bubbles, hair and particles under the film, etc.

Diminishing returns? Look at the "Hot for sale pick of the week". 30-40K loss in 911 sticker prices over 1-2yrs. Talk about loss. I'd rather pay an extra 10-20% for a quality PPF job.

Just something to think about.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:16 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,765 Likes on 4,768 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
There's definitely some great installers out there. I don't live in CA, but know Moe is a sure thing. I've read his posts and haven't seen anyone do such obsessive and compulsive work like he does. There's no need always to do a full car for the most expensive package.

I'm someone who would rather have it done right the first time. I've seen the alternative. ****ty work, razor blade cuts into the paint, bubbles, hair and particles under the film, etc.

Diminishing returns? Look at the "Hot for sale pick of the week". 30-40K loss in 911 sticker prices over 1-2yrs. Talk about loss. I'd rather pay an extra 10-20% for a quality PPF job.

Just something to think about.
The rate of depreciation will not vary significantly (if at all) because of PPF, or lack thereof.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:20 PM
STG
Race Director

The rate of depreciation will not vary significantly (if at all) because of PPF, or lack thereof.
PPF returns zero on resale. Although, a plus to any enthusiast who likes cars well taken care of. Whether the current owner, or come resale time. A better taken car is obviously more desirable.

I HATE rock chips. I got the front end done for my own sanity!
Old 06-19-2015, 02:00 AM
Matt-R20
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 59 Posts

All- I'm picking my 4S cabriolet up on Sunday and I want to get clear bra. Does anyone have a positive or negative experience with a clear bra installer in Orange County, California? Thanks, Andrew
Sean at Ultimate Shield. In Orange.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:03 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 701 Likes on 368 Posts

Moe is great. No doubt.

Appreciate the honest feedback.

Lots of talented installers here in SoCal, and Sean at Ultimate is right up there with a handful of the best IMHO.

Our services aren't for everyone. and people seldom come to us simply for PPF only. We offer a full gamut of services designed to enhance the ownership experience and we do it in a way we lovingly call "GP Style". For example, many ppf installers offer precut kits with half hoods or partial fenders, etc. That's not even an option for us here as I believe film should cover an entire panel to provide maximum protection and enhanced aesthetics. Nothing wrong with previously mentioned way that others do it, it's just not what I'd do to my car, so why offer it to my clients.

Another reason clients like coming to us is because we specialize in Porsches...about 60% of our business is Porsche and we've done hundreds of 991s so far. Most GP clients like the fact that all their services are done with precision and aesthetics as primary goal. And once we perform all these services, we basically hold your hand when it comes to caring for it moving forward. Whether you want to maintain your 911 or you want us to, it''s nice to know the person that started the journey to enhance your Porsche, is also the same person holding your hand throughout the ownership experience and you have a trustworthy partner to help with anything moving forward. We work with others in the industry that specialize and are of the same caliber as us.

I guess you can consider it a value-add.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra for Orange County, California