Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Audio failing to connect but bluetooth phone connects

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 02:36 AM
dogshyne
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

on my 2013 991 i have that problem with my gn4. the way around it is to go into settings on the phone and bluetooth and clear the cache for the bt driver and reconnect with the car.

works every time.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:17 PM
pprj
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys
This is NOT an iPhone/iOS issue.
It happens with my Android/Samsung Galaxy S7 as well.
It is absolutely ridiculous.
My Androids and my iPhones work perfectly with our Toyota and Audi. The only one having problem is the 911.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Scrapaholic
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Same issue with android. My hypothesis is interference with another Bluetooth device already paired with the phone upon car startup. I have a Bluetooth soundbar in the car stable and a gear s3 watch on my wrist. If I start the car without shutting down these devices beforehand, I am not pairing phone media, but pairing phone only without fail. Even if you shut down the car and retry, the ECU will not power down for 15 minutes...so you will not reconnect bt audio and phone until the ECU has powered down and back up. This is what makes it so frustrating. Just my $.02
Old 03-17-2018, 12:12 PM
Connor Flynt
AutoX

Just had this start happening with my 991.1. Maddening.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:11 PM
junk988
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have to restart my phone to get a connection.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:07 PM
Jerrygreene
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

^^^^
same, very frustrating
Old 03-17-2018, 11:14 PM
Mr. Big
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I've never had luck getting it to work in any of my cars. In general I think BT audio technology sucks.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:06 AM
pprj
Advanced

Porsche replaced the pcm under warranty. Bingo. Problem gone.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Connor Flynt
AutoX

For those that are still having this problem, I think I have found a solution. Instead of hitting the "source" button to try to connect your AUX BT, hit the "Media" button. In my case that changes from "FM tuner" to "Jukebox" and allows me to see if my AUX BT is connected. If it is, I push source or keep pushing media to connect. If not, just wait until it connects. The problem I had was if I pushed the source button before it connected the AUX BT never displayed, but this seems to have fixed it.

Connor
Old 12-10-2018, 05:24 PM
DVc4s
5th Gear

This definitely has been working for me as well. It looks like it takes a minute or so for the bluetooth to connect to the car and it can't be interrupted while it's connecting, meaning you can't use the phone to make calls or play music until it connects if you want it to connect to Aux BT properly. So if you let it connect without interruption, it should work every time.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:27 PM
Bisk
5th Gear

Hi everyone, I am awaiting delivery of my LA Power Kit (with CDC version) and probably have too many options as I have the PCM 2.1 CDC in the front, Bose, Sat Nav and Phone Module on an 07 Plate Boxster 987S
I have been following this thread with great interest, and wondered what would give me the least complicated install route, and without having to make a trip to the dealer?
I like the idea of locating the unit under the front seat and using the MOST connectors and power from the Phone Module.
I can't at this stage figure out if this would work, if I need to bypass any other elements on the MOST ring, and would the Bose still work etc.

I'd welcome a steer on it.
Thanks
Old 02-07-2019, 11:44 AM
iandrum23
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marv800
I dunno what in the hell is going on with my car, but its apparently possessed? Y'all might not believe me, but this is absolutely true.

From time to time, i get in my car, start everything up and audio bluetooth on my iPhone 6 fails to connect to BT AUX. Now here is the odd part, the telephone functionality ALWAYS connects, but if I try to stream audio, the porsche doesn't play audio. However, when you look at the phone, it thinks it is connected and even playing music through bluetooth.

It doesnt make sense because I can place calls through the car using the bluetooth connected phone. Its as if the car thinks it's 1/2 connected, but the phone thinks its 100% connected.

It doesn't happen every time, and when it does, ive even cycled bluetooth on and off on the phone and the car. I've unpaired and re-paired the phone and car, no luck. The only thing that fixes it is if i completely power down and cycle the enter car completely off for a few minutes.

Anyone else have a possessed car like this?
This happened to me today and I found a solution. I don't know what caused this to happen but after some tinkering I found a solution. So there's an options button under the NAV screen, click that and scroll down to "SET MEDIA" then you'll see AUX with a check box and the next line is Bluetooth audio with a checkbox. For some reason this was unchecked and I never disconnected it. As soon as I checked the box again everything worked.

Before this I tried turning the car on /off, waiting a while, disconnect bluetooth/reconnect/ forget device on iphone, checked fuses, all of it. This is the path I found and it worked for me, I hope it works for you.

The following 2 users liked this post by iandrum23:
Michael Peters (12-06-2020), r00t61 (04-10-2020)
Old 04-10-2019, 08:22 AM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by iandrum23
This happened to me today and I found a solution. I don't know what caused this to happen but after some tinkering I found a solution. So there's an options button under the NAV screen, click that and scroll down to "SET MEDIA" then you'll see AUX with a check box and the next line is Bluetooth audio with a checkbox. For some reason this was unchecked and I never disconnected it. As soon as I checked the box again everything worked.

Before this I tried turning the car on /off, waiting a while, disconnect bluetooth/reconnect/ forget device on iphone, checked fuses, all of it. This is the path I found and it worked for me, I hope it works for you.
I have tried that and that's not it. it should be checked anyway in order for AUX BT to work i think.

The only thing that works for me when this happens is to deactivate BT in PCM and give it a min, then reactivate.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:32 AM
ragabnh
Advanced

This happens to me also 2015 991.1 and I second Malahhaor fix as the only one that works in my case.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:41 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

happens to me from time to time 2012.5 with Samsung S8

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Audio failing to connect but bluetooth phone connects