Sponsored by:

Mahogany Targa GTS delivered!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 05:02 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FergusH
Hey, did you chose a color yet? I missed his message when you posted it but I'd be happy to send you more pictures.
Yes i chose Agate Grey in the end. I wanted to choose a brown ext color however i think Mahogany might have too much of a burgundy tone to it. Its still beautiful but just not for me.

Expected delivery for my C2 GTS is end of August/beginning of September.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:07 PM
trips
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 25 Posts

Beautiful! I recently ordered an m3 in white, my go-to color. Last minute changed to pyrite brown, maybe a shade darker than the mahogany. Clean and classy...you have impeccable taste! Congrats again.

Best,
Tom
Attached Images  
Old 07-25-2015, 08:45 AM
Mechanic
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by trips
Beautiful! I recently ordered an m3 in white, my go-to color. Last minute changed to pyrite brown, maybe a shade darker than the mahogany. Clean and classy...you have impeccable taste!
You, too, sir. I've been trying to decide whether Bimmer's pyrite brown was lighter/darker/etc. than Porsche's mahogany. You have performed a public service with your post. Thanks. Great looking M3; very discrete.

And, to avoid jumping the thread, I hasten to add the OP's Targa looks magnificent. Easily Porsche's best 991 design. Now, if they'd only sell a RWD version with a lift-out panel like my last one . . . .

Last edited by Mechanic; 07-25-2015 at 04:58 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-26-2015, 12:41 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

BOSE Audio Package
do you by chance have a satellite antenna wart exposed above the rear spoiler because of this Audio Package?
Old 07-27-2015, 09:56 PM
FergusH
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hsmith
Yes i chose Agate Grey in the end. I wanted to choose a brown ext color however i think Mahogany might have too much of a burgundy tone to it. Its still beautiful but just not for me.

Expected delivery for my C2 GTS is end of August/beginning of September.
Agate Grey is great. I saw a Targa 4S in it the other day and it looked very good. Post pictures when your Targa arrives!
Old 07-27-2015, 09:59 PM
FergusH
Pro

Originally Posted by anonymous918
do you by chance have a satellite antenna wart exposed above the rear spoiler because of this Audio Package?
I don't know if it's specifically because of this audio package but, yes, I do have an antenna on the back of the car.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:11 PM
parealtor
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amazing color
Old 11-01-2015, 09:47 AM
FergusH
Pro

My Targa GTS arrived on Friday. Thanks to everyone who gave me ordering suggestions; there's definitely a few options I would not have thought to get and I'm glad I did.

My build was:

Mahogany Metallic
Natural Leather Interior in Espresso/Cognac
BOSE Audio Package
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus
Side Skirts Painted
ParkAssist (Front and Rear)
Seat Heating
Sport Seats Plus (4-way)
Seat Ventilation
Rear Center Tunnel in Leather with Decorative Stitching
SportDesign Steering Wheel
Dashboard Trim in Leather
Steering Column Casing in Leather
Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather
Brushed Aluminum Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior
Center Console Trim in Brushed Aluminum

Ordered on March 8th; arrived on May 22nd; not too bad.

I wasn't able to find any mahogany Targa photos on the Internet (other than the 4S that Sonnen was selling around Christmas time), so I was a little worried how the car was going to turn out. Fortunately, I think the car looks great and I'm really happy with it. Of course, it's incredibly fun to drive. The main differences I notice from my 991 C2 (other than the roof!) are the great sound when in Sports Plus mode and the better manual gearbox. I was surprised how much difference there is between the two gearboxes.

Here are some larger pictures:
https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/rYzXAMmjgqYoqns
Well, I'm seriously thinking about selling my Targa. It's the perfect car and I've figured out I'm not the perfect car kind of guy. There are some things you can't find out until you try them and I think this might be one. I picked up a base Cayman a few months ago and have been driving it more - and enjoying it more - than the Targa. I've done a few track days and a couple of autocross days in the Cayman and it's just been incredibly fun. I'm thinking about selling the Targa and getting a GT4 and either keeping the base Cayman (my wife loves driving and having two cars for track events would be great) or just keeping the GT4 alone.

I've not decided yet but I'm test driving a friend'ss GT4 later today, so will probably make a decision soon. Let me know if you're interested in the Targa. It's in excellent condition with about 3000 miles. Garaged always, never parked anywhere it might have picked up a bump and never driven hard. (Unlike the Cayman!) Detailed monthly.

Quick Reply: Mahogany Targa GTS delivered!